Quicklaunch Shortcuts icons anything! Someone Knows Thread last updated on 2004-02-19 19:01:59

Posted by member 123280 on 2004-02-18 15:48:55

Ok, there has to be some easy way to do this. I dont know what modules I need, or what lines of code I need to run. But all I want is somewhere on my screen, create the equivelant of a quicklaunch bar. A whole bunch of little icons that represent the programs I use most. I have about 10 programs I have to open and close constantly all day.
Or if someone knows of a nice clean skin that does this. It boggles my mind how many themes have winamp bars on them, while so few have any form of shortcuts. I dont want to have to open up a start menu and go to quicklaunch for the same reason people dont want to have to click on their winamp. Please help. Im sorry if I sound frustrated. But I switched to litestep because Explorer just kept hanging on me. And our network administrator dosent seem to think its much of a problem. I really dont want to have to switch back.

Posted by member 25 on 2004-02-18 23:11:29 link

There is a lsquickbox-1.51 in shellfront.org, a liteStep module which imitate the quick lauch box in explorer taskBar. All that you need is play around with it.

Posted by member 79626 on 2004-02-19 10:50:20 link

You can also use IconDesk. Assuming you used Omar's installer and still have a stock configuration for LS - just point an IconDesk group at your IE quicklaunch folder.

*IconDeskFolder $quicklaunch$

Then set Icondesk to activate on single click, remove the shorcut labels and text, small icons. Instant quicklaunch folder. My first "for public consumption" theme has this setup, and I will be posting it today or tomorrow.

Posted by member 103254 on 2004-02-19 17:00:44 link

Check out the LiteGnome4 theme. It's a great theme and has 3 lslnk menus that work very well.

Posted by member 79626 on 2004-02-19 19:01:59 link

I will have to check that out Funkyd00d. I just uploaded my theme, captive. Like I said, it my first and my testing facilities are limited =) I built it to suit my work needs (and because I've become addicted to tinkering with modules), but it is pretty general purpose.