glaze modification Thread last updated on 2004-02-22 20:42:50

Posted by member 115766 on 2004-02-16 09:23:33

I thought I would post questions here before bothering the author. Maybe he'll see this anyway. I have settled on glaze as my theme but have been making some modifications so it will work better, IMHO, on my dual monitors. I have gone through the configuration files and figured out how to extend the taskbar and systray across both monitors but I can't figure out how to move the clock and the hotspots to the end of the now longer bar. I suspect that if I could set the ResolutionX variable to 2048 I wouldn't have to make all the individual modifications however I couln't find how to do this and thought that it might cause the maximize button to span both screens. So I modified the taskbar.rc and system_tray.rc and replaced the appropriate ResolutionX with 2048.

It would also be nice to set the second screen to maximize within the bars instead of to the screen edge, but this is a secondary concern.

Posted by member 2112 on 2004-02-22 06:38:21 link

I'm looking at your screenshot now. I'm not sure if you can make the clock and corners appear on the right monitor as you need it to. I don't think the module supports it.

The hotspots you can fix easily by changing it's X value from $priRight-1$ to $resolutionX-1$ in the base.rc file. At least I think this should work.

For you final question, I don't know what changes you need to make from the top of my head but I'm sure the jDesk module discusses multiple monitors in it's docs. Have a read and modify the first section of base.rc.

Posted by member 75348 on 2004-02-22 19:23:33 link

As long as we're talking about Glaze, is there any way to stop various elements of the task bars from being always on top? I've had them show up over screen savers, games, etc. It can be a bit frustrating, but I'm far to comfortable with Glaze to switch on that basis.

EDIT- Also, for the record, I am also using Glaze with dual monitors and think it's damn near perfect without extending the task bar. Then again, I disabled the hotspots on mine, so that's probably part of the reason.

Posted by member 2112 on 2004-02-22 20:29:51 link

You could modify the theme to not make everything always ontop. But if you don't already know how to do this then it's going to be a bit much to explain. Each module has this as an option so read through the docs for them.

Otherwise I would recommend you press WIN+ALT+T (as defined in themevars.rc). This will hide all elements of the theme for when you want to play games.

Posted by member 75348 on 2004-02-22 20:42:50 link

Thanks.

I'll use the short-term fix while I read up on the long-term one.