Glaze 1.3 wallpaper problem Thread last updated on 2004-02-22 06:23:07

Posted by member 119872 on 2004-02-15 21:05:57

I have quite a substantial problem with wallpapers & glaze 1.3(great theme, btw).

I can ONLY get 1 wallpaper to work, the first one, by setting the use system wallpaper var to TRUE in themevars.rc and logging off/on (recycling does nothing).

If I leave it to false (or set use LS wallpaper in the theme popup) i get NO wallpaper.. just a grey backround.. rather depressive :) In order to get the first background to appear, i have to manually change the use system wallpaper var to TRUE and logoff/logon (recycling doesn't help).

I have tried all combinations I could think of between use system wallpaper true/false, theme popup system/ls wallpaper, recycle, log on/off, etc. NO combination got me the cycling of wallpapers. I'm quite lost :)

Also, in the theme popup, clicking Readme does nothing at all.

Off-topic: How do I uninstall a theme? Deleting it from themes_dir does NOT remove the dll's (modules) used as far as I can tell.. Could be helpful in case of a corrupt module download, etc

Thanks in advance.

Posted by member 2112 on 2004-02-22 06:23:07 link

First off, do you see the wallpapers in the ...\glaze\wallpaper\ folder? Their should be 4 JPG files in there. You should also see these same file names in the themevars.rc file for vwmDeskWPaper1 to vwmDeskWPaper4.

If that look ok (and it should by default) then does your user name have two words? Like "Joe Bloggs"? I think I read in another thread the LS doesn't like spaces in folder names and it uses your user name as a folder in the profiles folder of the litestep installation. If this is the problem then I think you will have to change your user name to one word.