Why am I having so many problems installing themes? Thread last updated on 2004-02-14 03:24:24

Posted by member 115766 on 2004-02-13 15:29:58

Almost everyone that I download gives me errors. The only ones that work for me are the .lsz files. All the zips give errors. I tried Blackbox which said:

"Unzip in your "Litestep\themes\" folder and select "Blackbox" from the Litestep Control Panel, thats all!"

Right!

It also said I should have the latest indistep build and that I could get it from a web site that wouldn't let me in.

I tried Saphardana which said to unzip it into the themes directory and change the step.rc file. First, it unzipped into the themes directory and didn't create a \Saphardan sub-directory. And yes I had preserve folders selected. It created the sub-folders but not the main folder. So, I created the folder and moved everything into it. Edited the step.rc file so it ONLY! said include "$LiteStepDir$themes\Saphardana\step.rc" and nothing else. Recycled and it couldn't find any of the dlls.

I would really like to try some other themes but Glaze is the only one that I can get to work.

Posted by member 7 on 2004-02-13 18:11:42 link

These instructions are for an outdated installer. The theme seems to be OTSv1 compliant. With the recent OTSv2 installers, you need to use the theme installer to unzip themes, do not extract OTSv1 themes manually.

Indie LS may have been the "latest" LS build at the time the theme's readme was written, but the latest Indie LS build is about a year old these days. The newest installer (3.0.2) comes with 0.24.7 RC1, which is the most recent build at the time I'm writing this.

Posted by member 111 on 2004-02-14 03:24:24 link

BTW there is OTS2 version of Saphardana. I'm using it now :)