Problem with NetLoadModule when installing new theme Thread last updated on 2008-07-16 20:38:12

Posted by member 113782 on 2004-02-12 08:43:28

I have downloaded three different themes and each time I try to install I get the same problem. A window opens with the title "NetLoadModule: Required Modules" It them lists some modules and there version number which it says I need to update. Since I just installed ListStep, I thought I should be on the latest versions. When I check the version numbers in the liststep menu, all the modules are on MORE CURRENT VERSIONS than the ones being requested. What is happening here. Do I need to DOWNgrade my modules to make these themes work? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by member 35 on 2004-02-12 10:23:45 link

the themes are designed to use those versions of the modules.

Posted by member 99 on 2004-02-12 11:26:03 link

LiteStep modules are not always backwards compatible, so even if you have a newer version, the theme may not work with it. So the modules are all tagged with the version, and the theme is given the exact version that it was written for.

Now, the installer is a little old now, so it doesn't have the latest modules with it. Also, there is no way to update to the latest modules (partly for the reason above), so you'll never automatically get the latest versions, even right after install. Unless you're experiencing a bug it usually doesn't matter, and when it does you usually just have to change one line in a text file and recycle.

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-02-13 14:38:30 link

plus, there are hundreds of modules, so there is almost no chance of you having the most recent version of all modules. unless if you take a weekend to hit click->save->click-save..etc

Posted by member 111 on 2004-02-13 16:05:21 link

>click->save->click-save..
there are some special downloaders BTW... for example, TeleportPro...

Posted by member 409232 on 2008-07-16 20:36:06 link

NetLoadModule will not download the modules i need

Posted by member 1 on 2008-07-16 20:38:12 link

Thanks for searching. While we really appreciate the fact that you figured out how to search on our site I don't believe bringing back a thread for 4 years ago is going to help you very much. Please refer to the sticky on your issue.