popup module question. Thread last updated on 2004-02-03 18:56:37

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-01-31 19:49:27

I've read the docs included with the popup module [they rock] and i have read the faq's on various sites and other peoples problems in here, and since i cant search in here because they are updating or something it says.. im just gonna ask.

I'm configuring studio28v3 theme if that matters, for the popup menu i dont think it does. im mainly editing the personal/popup.rc file.. and the theme's theme.rc.. heres what it says now.. i didnt do much but add a few lines.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; popup
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HotListName "$ThemeName$"
PopupNoTitleText true
PopupMinWidth 125
PopupMaxWidth 250
PopupTextOffset 7
PopupFontHeight 12
PopupFontFace "Verdana"
PopupTitleColor A9A9A9
PopupEntryColor 808080
PopupSelEntryColor 545454
PopupEntryPix popup-normal.bmp
PopupSelEntryPix popup-selected.bmp
PopupBottomPix popup-bottom.bmp
PopupSeparatorPix popup-seperator.bmp
PopupArrowImage popup-arrow.bmp
PopupSelArrowImage popup-arrow-selected.bmp

PopupAdaptiveWidth true
PopupPaintMode stretch
PopupNoBevel
PopupNoFolderIcon
PopupNoMenuBevel
PopupNoCloseButton
PinnedPopupNotOnTop
PopupIcons
PopupDefaultIcon
PopupAutoSeparator

IF popuptitlebar=1
PopupTitlePix popup-top.bmp
PopupBorderLeft 5
PopupBorderRight 32
PopupTitleHeight 17
PopupOverlapX 1
PopupOverlapY -17
ELSEIF popuptitlebar=0
PopupTitlePix popup-top-small.bmp
PopupBorderLeft 2
PopupBorderRight 2
PopupTitleHeight 2
PopupOverlapX 1
PopupOverlapY -2
ENDIF

and the popup menu is set up with stuff like this:
*Popup "litestep" Folder
*Popup "litestep folder" !execute ["$FileManager$" /e,"$LiteStepDir$"]
*Popup "themes folder" !execute ["$FileManager$" /e,"$ThemesDir$"]
*Popup "about" !About
*Popup "recycle" !Recycle
*Popup "quit" !execute ["$FileManager$" /e,"$LiteStepDir$"][!Quit]
*Popup !Separator
;¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

etc..etc.. im guessing the e is how it expands or something.. is there another switch that will also make it clickable?

i want my popup menu to act as so:

when i right click it opens.. duh.. and if i hover over a folder it opens the dynamic menu, ok simple and default so far.. i added icons, etc all the easy crap.. but i cant for the life of me make the folders open if you single left click on them.. they open dynamically but what if i want to open one in explorer to view it? for instance.. folders that have say 10000 pics in them or something that just isnt worth using the menu. since its all pretty much dynamic i didnt think there was a way to edit folders on the fly i just want EVERY folder that gets a single left click to actually open.

of course im new, but i at least spent two days reading these docs and i have successfully edited everything in this theme including creating a matching sysmetrix skin and this is the last task for me to fix. i also noticed that with winamp5 the open winamp command wasnt kicking in.. so i just manually replaced that bang command or whatever with the path and exe name.. works great now.

but anyways this sounds so easy to me but i either missed it like a moron or its just not there in the docs.

as it is now i have to right click on the folders and click open and thats just too much damn work =] heh no in all reality its just a preference i would really like and cant seem to find.

anyways thanks ahead of time and if this has been posted sorry i would have searched if i could.

Posted by member 7223 on 2004-02-01 11:21:24 link

but i cant for the life of me make the folders open if you single left click on them.. they open dynamically but what if i want to open one in explorer to view it

I guess nobody can ATM. Sorry

Posted by member 7 on 2004-02-01 15:04:47 link

This opens the litestep folder in an explorer window when you click on the entry:
*Popup "litestep folder" !execute ["$FileManager$" /e,"$LiteStepDir$"]

This on the other hand opens it "dynamically":
*Popup "litestep folder" !PopupDynamicFolder:"$LiteStepDir$"
Is this what you're looking for? The /e is Windows Explorer-specific by the way, it tells it to show the treeview on the left.

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-02-01 16:26:33 link

i knew that much i basically wanted hover to expand and then have click open folders in explorer.. seems to be real simple and shouldnt take much to work into the module if its not there. thanks for the help though.

Posted by member 1340 on 2004-02-01 18:12:47 link

well u can always right click on the folder endry and open it. Just one extra click than opening with a single left click.
so have this :
*Popup "litestep folder" !PopupDynamicFolder:"$LiteStepDir$"

for expanding on hover and right-click and open it.
Btw the single Left click idea is nice too. :)

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-02-01 23:08:09 link

as it is now i have to right click on the folders and click open and thats just too much d4mn work =] heh no in all reality its just a preference i would really like and cant seem to find.

i said i do that now =[

only nice part is that i finally found where the damn quicklaunch bar is hidden in windows' maze of folders =]

i guess im stuck right clicking and openning.. although a middle click to open stuff like in opera wouldnt be shabby either.

thanks anyways guys.

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-02-02 13:17:40 link

as of right now, what you're asking for isn't possible. but it would kick a$$. I've actually been meaning to shoot rabidcow an e-mail asking him to try to add this to the next popup2 release. but i keep forgetting.

Posted by member 7 on 2004-02-03 03:03:08 link

If you need the quicklaunch bar directory just use "$quicklaunch$" ;)

Posted by member 107212 on 2004-02-03 18:56:37 link

is this rabidcow perhaps the same rabidcow from the urban terror scene? just out of curiosity.

couldnt imagine too many of them. =]