hiding a box behind another Thread last updated on 2004-02-04 05:55:35

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-01-28 10:34:10

i created two boxes, one should always be partially hidden behind the other. but when i click on this box, it comes up regardless of the z-order settings (even with stayontop for the one and hugbottom for the other).
so is there a way to tell a box it should not come to the front when clicked?

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-02-02 13:01:41 link

hm... i feel rejected... ;)

Posted by member 7223 on 2004-02-03 00:32:24 link

Don't feel rejected... cause there's no easy way to do this.
I don't use lsbox anymore and I don't know if the creation order would change something.
I won't tell you to use skinbox instead because the problem could be the same.

Some clues:

1. Taken from LsDynamic:
To use LSDynamic with LsBox, specify this line in your box:

*ModuleHook !DynModuleHook

Then in the macro, the class name is LsBoxClass, and the caption name is your box name.

2. Now, you can play with you box Class/caption, and try to use zorder.dll (load it after the creation of the box)

3. Not tested

Posted by member 99 on 2004-02-03 00:55:37 link

If onbottom boxes can move above ontop windows then the module isn't doing either one right. (or you aren't setting it the way it wants you to)

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-02-03 08:22:12 link

Smurth: thanks, i've already come to the conclusion that anyway lsbox isn't right for what i want to do. skinbox will fit much better because of it's powerfulness.

RabidCow: well it's really that way, the boxes are placed correctly just as long as you don't click on them.

could you tell me how you hook something into skinbox (was posted some time before, but i can't find it)? it's a bit tricky, isn't it?

(thanks for your help, expect a really revolutionary theme which benefits from that ... some day in maybe late march :D)

Posted by member 99 on 2004-02-03 15:51:36 link

Just clicking on them shouldn't be enough to ruin the effect... Actually, you might want to make sure you've got the desktop module loaded before lsbox. (hey, you never know :)

I've been using
SkinBoxNameOnCreate !ModuleBoxHookCommand : {@ih}

If the module needs a box file, you can use that instead of :, and if it takes parameters (like other skinboxes), you can put them before the :.

The important thing is to get the syntax right for the hook command: !Hook <module specific arguments> <box file name> <container window's handle>

Posted by member 12798 on 2004-02-04 05:55:35 link

ok, thanks again :)

i'll try it as soon as someone tells me how to make a day have 48 hours :D (should be :( actually...)