My theme, comments? Thread last updated on 2004-01-25 08:41:32

Posted by member 104441 on 2004-01-24 19:59:01

Hi all,

I've been using LiteStep for just a few days now and I did a simple theme with a couple of different styles. The theme contains only taskbar and a box with vtray, rabidvwm and lsxcommand, all autohiding; only the popup menu is skinned using images. I'd like to hear if it works OK for others and if it's properly OTS2 compliant. I'm also supplying a font with the theme, in the misc directory - should I do something so that the theme installer can automatically install it?

I'd like to hear comments about the scripting, too. Does it work OK? Why the heck does the mzscript module or even LiteStep itself occasionally crash when changing the visual style (from themepopup)? Are there any other errors or potential troubles? Why do the autohide boxes refuse to work when using a newer version of mzscript?

http://www.hukka.furtopia.org/temp/Smozz.zip

Posted by member 1340 on 2004-01-25 05:24:48 link

I like it. its simple and does its job nicely. only one suggestion though... give an option to enable/disable the auto hide feature at least for the taskbar...

Posted by member 1340 on 2004-01-25 05:32:45 link

yes. u can make the font automatically install. create a text file in your theme directory and name it "theme.ini".
Edit it and add the following lines ::

Font="misc\fontname.ttf"
FontName="fontname"

e.g
Font="misc\slkscr.ttf"
FontName="Silkscreen (TrueType)"

Posted by member 104441 on 2004-01-25 08:41:32 link

Thanks for the comments and info! Yeah, I'm going to add an option to disable autohide for the taskbar. Maybe also the tray panel - an option to make it a floating window on the desktop like in Grayscale.