litestep and winamp 5.01 conflictions. Thread last updated on 2004-01-22 18:29:59

Posted by member 60067 on 2004-01-21 16:31:04

hey.

i posted this over on the winamp boards, but they're confused too...

i'm running the newest install of litestep, with the remission theme (but this happens on all themes)

i'll have the latest version of winamp open (this didn't happen with previous versions of winamp)

i'll have something open, covering up the winamp theme that i have running (ie explorer, file manager...etc). (this happens w/ all winamp themes too).

when i click on the taskbar, to bring winamp to the front. the original skin (that black/green one) will pop up in the lower left corner. none of the controls on it will work...but i can click the X (to close it), and it will move the box (original skin) to the upper left corner. then all the controls will work. and i can click the X again, and close it.

the music and everything will be working the whole time on the skin that i have open. and it won't disappear.

very wierd.

would there be some sort of conflicting this between litestep and winamp. because when i set explorer as the shell, and do the same thing...it doesn't happen.

i've reinstalled winamp a number of times. tried different skins. it still happens.

any suggestions?

thanks.

Posted by member 60067 on 2004-01-21 16:45:42 link

winamp moves into every screen too, into the center of each screen. it didn't do this before (previous versions of litestep/winamp).

ahhhhhhhhh.

Posted by member 33834 on 2004-01-21 22:47:13 link

did you try...
options -> preferences -> general preferences ->
(2 litestep options)

maybe you already did and i just sound dumb now, but just thought i'd point out that winamp *should* function well with litestep.

Posted by member 36955 on 2004-01-21 23:47:23 link

these are known bugs with winamp5... we have reported them, and they seem to be in common with most things that use vwms. the only solutions currently are to run wa5 minimized and control it only through litestep bangs, dont use a vwm, or use winamp 2.x

disabling the 2 winamp compatibility options should help a little bit though.

Posted by member 2112 on 2004-01-22 00:45:40 link

I turned those Winamp LS options on once, and I'm too scared to do it again. I didn't realise they had 5.1 out already though. I might give that version a try.

Posted by member 60067 on 2004-01-22 13:45:19 link

DONT!

there's lots of nice skins and options...but if you're using litestep, it goes crazy.
i checked both of those options in the preferences, but it still snaps to each screen.
now i actually just make it always on top, and don't have any icons in the taskbar or system tray.
still annoying for it to jump to each screen though.

:(

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-01-22 15:36:03 link

ok, corona, you're NOT SUPPOSED TO enable those two options. they are broken in winamp5 (I don't know about 5.01). enabling those two will break winamp. it can cause crashes, etc. so, disable them, and it should work fine. it works perfect for me.

Posted by member 2112 on 2004-01-22 17:13:50 link

When you say it works perfect, do you mean that it works perfect even when you change VWM?

5.01 doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

Posted by member 60067 on 2004-01-22 17:57:38 link

ummmmm...they were unchecked. and it was still doing funky stuff with me. and it hasn't been crashing on me with them checked. which is it?

thanks.

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-01-22 18:29:59 link

doc: yep, even when I change vwm. however, I do always keep it minimized to the tray. when I have it showing on my desktop, it can have a problem, sometimes.
corona: well, with them checked, if you show the playlist, then hide it, then show it agin, it should crash. one of the two options should cause this behavior, but i'm not sure which one.