I have no idea what the @!$# I'm doing Thread last updated on 2004-01-22 05:02:26

Posted by member 96286 on 2004-01-21 04:11:56

Alright, I downloaded LiteStep, I got this default thing...but

(a) when i try to open either file manager, litestep folder, or theme folder, it opens google...that doesnt seem right

(b) i got some themes, namely that badass one on the front page with the savage lookin chick with the red...n stuff...you all know what i mean...anyway, the readme says to just unzip to my themes folder, which as i said i cant open...in addition, when i try to add new theme, and search for that, it wont find it with the right extension, so when i do show all files and try that, it says its not a valid file.

yes, its a lot to take it, i know. please help if you can.

Posted by member 103440 on 2004-01-21 06:17:43 link

Whiterabbitcb!
(1) if you can't manage to work with the litestep distro try Omar's Litestep installer.
(2) Try do read more! I don't believe tou read enough to solve your problem, even more because you post a question in the wrong part of the forum for this problem, try this url:
http://www.litestep.net/?section=4&action=list&catId=1
(3) Litestep demands some time and pacience sometimes!

Posted by member 7 on 2004-01-22 05:02:26 link

a) Which file manager did you specify during the installation? Launch litestep\utilities\EvarConfig.exe to reconfigure it, or manually edit litestep\personal\evars.rc. It should point to explorer.exe or to another file manager of your choice, but not to iexplore.exe.

b) Those are themes that follow an outdated theme standard. Use the Theme Installer to install any new theme(s), don't extract them manually.