My friend has a litestep problem., cant detect litestep, cant load explorer Thread last updated on 2004-01-12 22:27:06

Posted by member 5836 on 2004-01-12 19:20:03

okay well my girlfriend was curious about my desktop.

so i told her i use litestep.

now when she just started using it i warned her not to select the "set as shell" function.

she told me she didnt but for some particular reason when she uninstalled litestep and restarted her computer, Windows said they cant find litestep! and cant load explorer!

so she cant even use her computer now anymore.

can anyone tell me how to change the registry thing from there?

i heard there is a way using ms dos....forgot which fkey to press and wat command to enter.

she uses windows xp.

Posted by member 97428 on 2004-01-12 19:35:16 link

http://lsdocs.shellfront.org/install.php

unless i'm mistaken, when her system loads up, you can hit F1 to access help, and do a search on regedit, which will give you the chance to run the program. just follow the uninstall directions for the OS she's running.

Posted by member 36955 on 2004-01-12 22:27:06 link

press ctrl+shft+f1, go to run, type in explorer. this should load explorer as the shell. even if it doesnt, get the setshell.exe program from the litestep installation under $litestepdir$utilities (reinstall litestep if the program is not there), and set it to explorer. reboot. if there isnt already a sticky thread with this process in it, can we please make one?