Theme installs fine but my windows still look the same Thread last updated on 2004-01-09 19:13:12

Posted by member 98744 on 2004-01-09 18:33:48

I have now installed 2 themes, modern and lunar base. The taskbar works fine for both of them, but still my windows (ie Internet explorer) still have the exact same look. To install the themes I am using all I did was copy and paste the theme into the themese folder, is there something I have missed. Do I need to edit the step file or something? Also to use the winamp player in the taskbar I have to have winamp minimized in the taskbar, yet my friend who uses litestep can just load it up without having to do that. Is there a way to change that?

Posted by member 1316 on 2004-01-09 19:10:11 link

you're lucky. if I wasn't such a nice guy, I would call you dirty names for asking this, since it's been asked dozens of times, and there's even a sticky thread that explains it, AND since all you had to do to find the answer was search through the forum. names like jackass, retard, etc. instead (again, cause I'm so nice), I'll just point you to the answer: http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=1&id=124
now, for your second question, what do you mean he loads it up? do you mean that he doesn't need to have winamp running, but can still "use winamp"? if that's what you mean, then you want to look at this: http://www.loose-screws.com/comment.php?type=mod&id=60. if that's not what you mean, then please try to explain it a little better.
and finally, to install a theme the correct way (or, at least the easiest way), download the zip file, then rename it to name.lsz. then double-click it. the litestep theme installer will take over, extract everything to the correct folders, download any missing modules, etc, then start up the theme itself.

Posted by member 98744 on 2004-01-09 19:13:12 link

thanks very much for your help deuce. i looked around a bit for an answer, but couldnt find anything (obviously i didnt look hard enough) cheers for all your help :D