Any way to avoid formating? Thread last updated on 2004-01-06 23:22:49

Posted by member 97722 on 2004-01-04 20:26:24

Hi, I just found this program a few days ago and have been testing around with differnt themes since. Sometimes a theme would make my computer lock up(Running XP), but I would reboot, it would load up the base theme that came with the latest version of this program, and I could go on with my theme changing ways.

Today I went to install Litescape v1.2 theme ( http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=2&action=details&id=16 ) and it froze, I rebooted, and it took about 15 minutes alone to get past the windows welcome screen, then it would sit there with the hourglass arrow with the base litestep background sitting there mocking me :p

the only thing I can manage to do while waiting is pull up the task manager, but I don't know what I could do to fix it through that, so I tryed running in Safe Mode- it froze while loading it, tryed Last working config, loaded the same one I'm having problems with...

Is there any way to fix this *without* formatting and having to transfer over all my files to this computer I haven't backed up beforehand?

Posted by member 97722 on 2004-01-04 21:03:39 link

hmm, I ended up using the task manager to open up explorer.exe, then using the control panel>add/remove programs to uninstall litestep, time to start downloading themes again :D

Posted by member 1 on 2004-01-04 23:53:21 link

you could have just opened notepad and edited a text file and changed your theme back to the default.

Posted by member 1949 on 2004-01-06 21:55:26 link

Open task manager next time and type explorer.exe
browse to your litestep directory and click Switch to default theme.
This will work quickly...

Omar should place this link in the CTL-ALT-F1

Posted by member 36955 on 2004-01-06 23:22:49 link

omar doesnt have any control over the ctrl+alt+f1 menu, he just writes the installer. the ctrl+alt+f1 menu does have a run command though...