Extending the already ALL POWERFUL lsxcommand Thread last updated on 2003-12-22 04:22:11

Posted by member 61084 on 2003-12-21 18:50:16

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of extending the useability of the lsxbox...

I like the idea of text based entries to find specific search functions, however, I think that a more visual approach would be beneficial....

when you click or bring focus to lxcommand a dialouge box pops up... with a couple of drop down menu's that hold your engines.list file... It's hard to memorize the engines.list, but when people can see it, they are much more likely to use such a powerful little search tool

I couldn't do this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has already or plans to...

Another thing that would be nice is embedding it in the desktop... along with a small note pad... ( embedding the expanded version of lsxcommand ) hrmmm I wish I could draw what I was thinking about... I think I will.

Peace

Posted by member 7 on 2003-12-22 00:59:32 link

You mean like the search engines list you get on rightclick?

Posted by member 61084 on 2003-12-22 04:22:11 link

Exactly, however, extend it a little bit... make it such that it is a little bit more visual... like a medium/small sized window or dialouge that opens up with the catagories listed, by catagory in some type of overlapping style ( like hidden menus ) that have check mark boxes beside them.

Such a window... would be ultimately available in the same way that the right click action would be... or even better, through means of a shortcut key...