Wallpaper Switching on VWM Thread last updated on 2003-12-21 00:07:09

Posted by member 82703 on 2003-12-19 19:09:07

I am using the 3phase theme and its really nice but i want to implement the desktop switching like glaze 1.3. I cant figure out how the author of glase did it I dont know if its possible with ckvwm. I think he used rabidvwm.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; VWM

VWMNoShow true
VWMUseInitialDesk true
VWMInitialDesk 1
VWMDesksX 4
VWMDesksY 1
VWMVelocity 15
VWMSecurityDistance 5
VWMNoSwitchOnFocus true
VWMNoGathering true
VWMNoMove true

; Wallpaper

;Wallpaper $ThemeDir$wall\

;--> How many monitors are you using?

;NumMonitors 1

;--> How many VWM workspaces do you want? To hide VWM set to 0.

;NumVWMDesks 4

;--> Name your workspaces. Create as many workspaces names as NumVWMDesks.

;vwmDeskName1 "Desk 1"
;vwmDeskName2 "Desk 2"
;vwmDeskName3 "Desk 3"
;vwmDeskName4 "Desk 4"

;UseSystemWallpaper false
;If UseSystemWallpaper = false
; VWMOnInit !Wallpaper .stretch $vwmDeskWPaper1$
; VWMOnSwitchTo !execute [!VWMLabelSetText "^@#d^vwmDeskName^@dc^^@#d^"][!Wallpaper .stretch ^@#d^vwmDeskWPaper^@dc^^@#d^]
;Endif

;vwmDeskWPaper1 $Wallpaper$Barchetta.jpg
;vwmDeskWPaper2 $Wallpaper$Electra.jpg
;vwmDeskWPaper3 $Wallpaper$Dragon.jpg
;vwmDeskWPaper4 $Wallpaper$Lindley.jpg

That is what i have but i dont know, The stuff that is commented out should be until i understand what i am doing. The VWM header is the ckvwm code and the wallpaper header is the rabid code. How can i do this? I think i should add the rest of the stuff for rabid and just not use ck but i dont know what to do. If anyone can download the two or help me in anyway it would be awesome.

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-19 23:38:11 link

it looks like it uses a separate wallpaper module for the !wallpaper bang, and it uses rabidvwm to get info about when it switches, so i dont think you can do this with ckvwm

Posted by member 99 on 2003-12-20 02:15:26 link

/****************** v1.2 10/28/2000************///
// -Fix the config VWMDeskWallpaper# so that it can use e-vars, and save the time to allocate unnecessary memory spaces

try replacing all vwmDeskWPaper's with VWMDeskWallpaper. (if that feature is still there...)

If that doesn't work, you can replace the VWMOnSwitchTo with VWMOnSwitchTo1, VWMOnSwitchTo2, etc. and all the ^@...^ stuff replaced and use the same script.

(and btw, rabidvwm should accept most of ckvwms "standardish" settings, just using rabidvwm-1.1.1 instead of ckvwm should work)

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-20 03:02:34 link

i never got the vwmdeskwallpaper stuff to work... but i guess this way will still work by writing out a case for each desk

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-12-20 20:21:06 link

you'll need RabidVWM as ckVWM doesn't process any kind of ^@variables^ (afaik)

Posted by member 99 on 2003-12-21 00:07:09 link

@inhaler:
VWMOnSwitchTo1 !execute [!VWMLabelSetText "$vwmDeskName1$"][!Wallpaper .stretch $vwmDeskWPaper1$]
VWMOnSwitchTo2 !execute [!VWMLabelSetText "$vwmDeskName2$"][!Wallpaper .stretch $vwmDeskWPaper2$]
VWMOnSwitchTo3 !execute [!VWMLabelSetText "$vwmDeskName3$"][!Wallpaper .stretch $vwmDeskWPaper3$]
VWMOnSwitchTo1 !execute [!VWMLabelSetText "$vwmDeskName4$"][!Wallpaper .stretch $vwmDeskWPaper4$]

You don't need ^@variables^ for this.