Updates/New Modules/My Unholy Quest Thread last updated on 2003-12-19 12:41:46

Posted by member 77707 on 2003-12-18 23:46:50

Ok, distributed my first theme a couple days ago (Server Plan, i bet one of yall saw it) and now i wanna add a bunch of new modules to it and make the desktop full of info displays, but still minimalist by making it easily customizable through an options menu... only one problem; I RAN OUT OF MODULES!!!.

First i tried WeatherDesk, not complient with site its based off anymore... didnt find any mods doing the same thing that worked well either... moved on.

RainLendar... not even a mod, i hate standalone apps to be honest, they just dont mesh with LS how id want them to. No other calenders offered the same kind of customization that i could find.

Third... news tickers... all old and dont seem to support sites like CNN or MSNBC... i mean comeon, im a nerd but i still dont read geeknews.

So i got desperate, then discourages, and finally dispondant...

SO, my actual forum part (as opposed to the bitching part) is this: Does anyone know any mods that perform these functions that i may not know about? Does anyone know how to make modules and wants to try to write mods to replace these mods? Im desperate, and ill need to learn C++ someday anyway, so any tutorials on basic C++ and LS module creation would help too.

OH GOD ITS LATE AND IM CRANKY!!!
Sincerely
-ALex :P

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-19 06:34:59 link

i have a working version of getweather... its not exactly a module, just a vbscript, but it works for weather stuff.

i agree that there are some "module" type issues with rainlendar (step.rc settings would be much preferable to .ini file settings), but its really the only decent one out there.

and i have no idea about news tickers, i use external apps for that.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-12-19 12:41:46 link

rainlendar *is* a "mod", but there's also a standalone version. maybe you just got the wrong zip.