Hotkey shortcut for lsxcommand Thread last updated on 2003-12-22 12:20:50

Posted by member 61084 on 2003-12-16 02:39:16

I've tried everything that I could read about... I'm starting to think I'm missin out on something.

I want to be able to make the lsxcommand box focus on a specific hotkey ( I love hotkeys ),

I'm using the Gello8 theme by Rome Burning.

I've tried the following to no avail...(without the semi-colon, intermittently of course )

;*Hotkey WIN A !CommandFocus
;*Hotkey WIN A !CommandShow
;*Hotkey WIN A !CommandToggle
;*Hotkey WIN A !lsxcommand

Maybe I'm reading over top of what I'm looking for as I go through things... c'est la vie.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

1beb

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-12-16 02:49:12 link

I want to be able to make the lsxcommand box focus on a specific hotkey ( I love hotkeys )

Hum, since lsxcommand was designed to let you type in commands... I guess it's a good idea LOL

I use to call lsxcommand via hotkey, too; and make it disappear on unfocus. The following works like a charm:
commandhiddenonstart
commandhideonunfocus

*hotkey WIN C !execute [!commandshow][!focuscommand]

Note: make sure WIN A isn't already assigned to another !bang

Posted by member 61084 on 2003-12-16 05:04:36 link

Wicked works like a charm... are there any scripts to make it such that random entreis into the lsxcommand are automatically searched for using google, or any other search engine that uses structured url's?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Regards,

1beb

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-12-16 05:44:34 link

You must use "?" before the string...
and configure you searchengine.ini...
and read lsxcommand doc :)

Posted by member 61084 on 2003-12-16 06:16:30 link

Thanks again!

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-16 09:51:21 link

heck...read any doc...I don't ever remember reading anywhere the ability to define a hotkey 4 times and have it work. But I do remember the !Execute docs.

Posted by member 61084 on 2003-12-20 08:05:07 link

I think you should genuinely stop answering peoples questions. It seems like you get more and more bitter, and less attentive, every question you answer. Maybe for your own sanity you should stick to just administering this site rather than flaming people for asking questions that you find, simply, obvious.

Becuase, unfortunately, no matter how many times I read docs, they might not neccesarily make sense to me. That's when I:

a) search through these forums and loose-screws
b) google it.

If I can't find it, or I don't understand, then I use this forum.

Thank you, however, for always making me feel as if I have to proove myself before I can ask a question...

Regards,

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-20 10:42:19 link

What you and everyone else seem to forget is that I am a LiteStep Community Member before anything else. The fact that I manage this site or any other site does not remove me from said community. You will be happy to know that before I managed this site I was the same "bitter" person. Ask anyone in the community this and they will agree. Also...you think I am the only one to say these things? I just beat them to it because I am here more often. :)

Posted by member 61084 on 2003-12-20 14:28:24 link

It definately seems so! :)

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-12-22 12:20:50 link

yeah, you're definitely here too much dev. you never let the rest of us have any fun!!