Simple Theme Thread last updated on 2003-12-15 19:36:32

Posted by member 93288 on 2003-12-14 01:29:36

right now im using the theme 21 by Darkfyre and it's pretty nice, mainly because its basic. The only problem is i dont like the Virtual Window Manager Thing thats always on. If there are any themes that show the whole background image and have a right click menu then id like to know. Or if there was a way to turn off the VWM thing in 21 that would be nice too. It's just that i never use it so it's in the way.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-14 01:45:47 link

Pull up the theme popup and you can disable everything that is showing. This is explained in the documentation for the theme.

Posted by member 93288 on 2003-12-14 23:23:29 link

im not sure what u mean by theme popup(im really new at this) but i played with a few things and right now the only thing running is the VWM. and when i [ctrl]+[alt]+[del] the only things running are systray and DesktopBackgroundClass, is that normal?
and if i can get a more specific explanation of clearing all the things that are showing then please tell me.

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-12-14 23:49:16 link

You haven't read the readme file (documentation). Go read it now! You should read the documentation file before asking anything about any theme/software/computer/vcr.

But to get you started, Shift+Left-click on the desktop you should get the "Theme Popup".

Posted by member 93288 on 2003-12-15 14:58:29 link

actually i found that only right-clicking brings up the popup for some reason, but i think im getting used it. so far all ive done is edited the popup to put what i want in it (programs, games, music, and system folders) and it works nice.I read the readme file that came with 21 and it doesn't say anything about clearing all the things loaded on the screen

I think what would be really helpfull is if someone could tell me exactly how to choose which modules load, or a site that explains it well.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-15 16:23:34 link

There is a popup menu in the theme for disabling things. If you read the OTS specifications or the theme readme you would know how to get it and how to disable things. It also comes with multiple color schemes which you probably didn't know. Now if you aren't willing to read these 2 basic points of informaiton why would sending you to another site help?

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-15 16:24:18 link

right clicking brings up the popup, shift+left clicking brings up the theme popup

Posted by member 93288 on 2003-12-15 16:46:44 link

ok i get what the theme popup thing is and i know how your supposed to open it but it doesn't work, which i said on my last post.

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-12-15 18:31:48 link

If Shift+Left-click doesn't work but right-click does then I would check your personal.rc file and make sure you have this section defined correctly
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; II DO NOT CHANGE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. :)
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Desktop RButton !Popup ;right-click popup menu
*Desktop LButton+SHIFT !PopupTheme ;SHIFT-left-click popup menu
*jDeskMButton2 [.none;!none;!Popup;!none] ;right-click popup menu
*jDeskMButton1 [SHIFT;!none;!PopupTheme;!none] ;SHIFT-left-click popup menu

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-12-15 19:17:23 link

I just tried the OTS2 port of this theme and it seems 143lsstep didn't create a !ThemePopup. This is why it doesn't appear.

If you take a look in the script.rc file you'll see a number of theme specific bangs. You want to run !VWMBoxToggle from the lsxcommand box to hide the VWM switcher.

Posted by member 1340 on 2003-12-15 19:36:32 link

guys. please download the newer fuller 21 version that i uploaded. it has many other features... the older one(the one being talked here) had some problems so better download the newer one.