CAN'T REVERT BACK TO EXPLORE SHELL Thread last updated on 2003-12-19 03:45:47

Posted by member 92020 on 2003-12-10 05:30:31

ok New user here, I have noidea what to do. I installed Litestep installer (omar) and then i installed thinOTS2 (what's OTS?) and then it said i have a bunch of plugins i dont have, so it downloads them, all but desktop2, popup2, hotkey, and shortcut2. I pressed cancel and then it said do you want to revert back to defult litestep theme, i said no, cause i want to see thinots2 anyway. So now it's kinda stuck with a broken GUI and i can't click on anything, all i see is the system tray on top of the screen. i can't find a way to change theme or get explore back!!!
HOW DO I FIX THIS!?!?!!

Posted by member 28487 on 2003-12-10 05:46:27 link

If you press Ctrl + Alt + F1 then choose Recycle, Litestep will recycle and ask you again to download the modules. It will also ask you if you want to revert to the default theme.
If this doesn't work, just Ctrl + Alt + F1 and use the Run command. Then type in "C:", minus the quotes. This will bring up you file manager. From here go to your LiteStep folder and there should be a Shortcut called "Switch to default theme" Double click the shortcut.

OTS2 is the "Open Theme Standard". It is a standard that all themers should comply with when making themes for Litestep. If you want to read more about it go here: http://o-t-s.sourceforge.net/

Edit: oh, i'd say this was posted in the wrong section as well

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-12-10 05:53:29 link

the revert back to defult litestep theme is exactly therefor.
If a theme needs to have some modules they aren't on your system, it will download them. so if you couldn't download them, the theme could not run perfect. thats why the question is in there (very usefull if you ask me)
now you got that problem that a theme doesn't work perfect, so you now got 2 possible ways to change the theme again into a working.

1. CTRL+Alt+Del
2. Task Manager
3. File -> Add New Task
4. Enter 'Explorer' (without Quotes)
ok, here changes the 2 possibilties
------
5. open "\Litestep\Utilities\LSThemeInstaller.exe" and enter with the search button the theme you want to (not that current non working ;) )
------
5. open "\Themes\themeselect.rc"
6. ThemeDir "$ThemesDir$Change_To_Your_Other_Theme_Name\"
(you can find a list of the theme names in the same folder themelist.rc, so enter the name which stands in Quotes right behind *popup, example: *popup "Thin")

Posted by member 92020 on 2003-12-10 13:49:50 link

oh wait wait i have windows98se not xp :

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-10 17:50:32 link

whitman's instructions will still work under 98

Posted by member 93809 on 2003-12-19 03:45:47 link

There were many modules i needed and when i downloaded them, litestep claimed zips were damages or sth... but when i copied all the .dll files from c:\litestep to \modules everything worked perfectly.