What is Gathering? Thread last updated on 2003-12-10 05:26:20

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-12-10 05:26:20

For some people who don't understand Gathering:
Gathering is a Theme like any other, but with much more features for the user to adapt the Look and the abilities of the Theme.

We have NEVER said that we create a new age of LS ("Ghosted Interface" [Inhaler], which is simply impossible with the currently available modules), or any new modules (but we have fixed xlabel) or whatever some have expected.

Nevertheless the Moving/Adding/Removing... are in this form completly new.
OK, one theme in history had the feature to remove unwanted elements, another the feature to add something or had transparency, and alltogether they had nearby every feature of Gathering.
BUT not all in one theme AND not independent to be used by everyone in his own theme.

AND Gathering is Gathering and only Gathering! The "Skins" (I already have realized that I shouldn't have called them so) are independent Themes, they are EXAMPLES how to use the "Engine" of Gathering (STANDALONE) for any other Theme or Themers how wants to use it!! And since i posted them within Gathering I've called them "Skins". I could have also posted them one by one as single themes in the Themes section. But I thought who will realize that they base on the same "Engine" and I also never wanted to claim the work of others as mine if I POST THEM on my account.

Again: SKINNING IS NOT A FEATURE OF GATHERING (also skin switching)

You can use the "Engine" in your Themes and that's it. We get a credit and finish.
The purpose is, much less work for Themers who get a lot of features by only designing cool LSBoxes (Top/Bottom/Left/Right Layout, Adding, Removing, Repositioning without even thinking about that!!) You mustn't even know mzscript or how to use it.

Maybe this clears up some misunderstandings regarding Gathering and what it is.

Andymon