How to hide mouse cursor? Thread last updated on 2003-12-17 11:38:06

Posted by member 21385 on 2003-12-07 00:16:21

Mousehide.dll does not work on my system. I understand that this is a problem with XP (or NT sytems in general). Anywho, I was hoping that maaaaaaaybe someone had made another module for hiding the mouse cursor through bangs but haven't found it. I needed mousehide.dll's forced !mousehide for scripting. Any ideas??

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-12-07 14:41:51 link

You can get a program called CursorXP (i think it's by Stardock)

It has a bunch of different effects it adds to the cursor, but the one that concerns you is the user-defined cursor auto-hide timeout. It lets you define (in seconds) the amount of time to wait before hiding the cursor, so any time it's idle for 10 seconds for example, it would auto-hide. (Good for when you're reading web pages and watching episodes encoded to real-media.. can't count the number of times I've started an ep of the simpsons, walked across the room, sat down, and realized the cursor was in the middle of the screen hehe)

Other nifty features are a customizable drop-shadow, hanging trails, transparency, and (this is the particularly cool one for litestep users) it makes the system handle the cursor as a window, so it still looks and behaves like a cursor but you can actually see it on your VWM :D :D

Posted by member 21385 on 2003-12-17 09:49:09 link

OK, finally looked into CursorXP. Not exactly what I was wanting. It's also a memory hog (it even says it in the website's own FAQ). Beyond that they wanted me to give them money for it. Ugh!! Isn't there anything out there for those of us that expect something for nothing, and for it to be handed to us on a silver platter?? >8^>

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-17 11:38:06 link

Over at SFO in the Utilities Section I found this...CursorHider...maybe it will do it. *shrug*