hiding all modules when full-screen apps start Thread last updated on 2003-12-11 13:18:51

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-12-06 12:28:51

maybe it's just something screwy with my theme, I don't know. but lsautohidemodules doesn't work correctly for me games. the exact line, copied directly out of my theme.rc is:
LSAutoHideModules

does there need to be an "*" in front of it, or am I missing something else?

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-06 12:53:56 link

does it do anything at all? and what games are you trying it on?

there is a problem with it and lsxcommand... if you are using lsxcommand as a clock or winamp display, it wont stay hidden

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-06 18:49:11 link

you need to quit LS and restart it for it to work I believe.

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-12-07 00:38:58 link

doy: no. I've noticed it in Tron 2.0, but that's the only game I've played while using this theme with LSAutoHideModules specified in the theme.rc. however, I have also noticed it when watching movies in windows media player in full screen mode, and I also just put opera into full screen mode, and same thing. some of my labels, my taskbar, vtray, and vwm show up on top. my lsxcommand is hidden by default, so I don't have a problem with it.

dev: I have, many times.

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-12-09 17:32:57 link

I normally manually hide the modules before playing a game, but I've noticed that it doesn't automatically hide during the screensaver on my dual monitor system. I assumed it was the screensaver but when I disable the second monitor the modules do hide.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-09 18:10:35 link

Something you all might want to try that I have been doing for a long time is...

*Hotkey Ctrl+Shift F1 !Execute [!Recycle][$Game1$]

This will pause LS in a recycle hiding all of your modules and also freeing up some resources.

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-12-10 18:11:16 link

drworm: I have been hiding them lately. however, when I start up win2vnc (which I use to control my server), it somehow initiates the module hide bang which I set as a hotkey to ctrl+alt+q. then I switched it to ctrl+q, and it does the same thing. I have no clue why.

dev: I'll give that a shot. I'm assuming that [$Game1$] is just a variable set to the game's .exe? also, how do you un-pause the recycle? does exiting out of the game initiate it?

Posted by member 1 on 2003-12-10 18:52:01 link

yah...$Game1$ can be anything of course. When you pause a LS recycle you get an alert box that says it is paused and to click ok to continue the recycle. Was put it in so you could update modules...but it has always been handy for thigns like this.

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-10 22:58:01 link

deuce: you can pause any recycle by holding down shift when you recycle... you get a message box like this:

---------------------------
LiteStep
Recycle has been paused, click OK to continue.
OK

dev's hotkey works because, since the hotkey uses shift, if you hold down the hotkey for just a little longer than necessary, it will get litestep to recognize the shift keypress and pause the recycle. you can do it manually though, if you really want to(:

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-12-11 13:18:51 link

thx guys, I'll give it a shot tonight. :)