(V/Sys)tray conflict w/ZPlayer Thread last updated on 2003-12-02 02:03:22

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-12-01 15:12:40

Avast, me ol' mayties!

I've just discovered a neat little conflict with Vtray/Systray2 and ZoomPlayer (the best movie player out there for divx/xvid's). Everything still works fine and all, but when the tray is shown and a tray icon starts flashing, with every flash all the LSBoxes and module flash as well. (Only when zplayer is open and actually playing a movie.. or if the movie is paused, but not if it's stopped)

Don't know exactly *why* this happens but it only happens in that one given circumstance and only with zplayer, neither mplayer2 nor crystal player nor powerdvd create the problem.

Any other windows I have open while this flashing is happening don't flash, only litestep-related windows.

Hope this helps to rid the world of one more creepy-crawly bug :) If not, no worries, I just use a hotkey to call a script that toggles all litestep windows ;)

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-12-01 16:18:14 link

something similar happens with the version of kazaa lite I'm currently running. when doing a search (sometimes), everything on the screen will flash for like a split second, but multiple times. stopping kazaa fixes it. it could be a problem with kazaa itself, I don't know if this happens in explorer or not, but here's a heads up regardless.

Posted by member 35 on 2003-12-01 18:11:11 link

it's kazaa lite, every time it retries to search it flickers.

inhaler: dont know if you are running it fullscreen, if that's the case try hiding the modules.

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-12-01 18:22:37 link

actually, this happens to me whenever opera loads a page and it is on a different desktop (like when i open a page through a link in an im window or something)... it wasnt really that big of a deal and it didnt permanently hurt anything, so i just ignored it, but now that you bring it up...

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-12-02 01:21:49 link

sryo: nope, in fullscreen the litestep-based windows don't flash, only when it's in normal viewing mode.

doy, that's pretty weird.. The only issue I've had with opera occurs when I've set the window to be transparent using lstransparent.dll and I go back (previous page) on some litestep.net pages. Basically the page just doesn't re-display, it stays as the page I was just looking at, except maybe hilites the link I had clicked on.. Only on some litestep.net pages, like forum pages and theme description pages.. but I figure that's a problem with Opera not lstransparent.dll

Anyway, hope this thread is of usefulness to systray2 dev's :)

Posted by member 7 on 2003-12-02 02:03:22 link

Of course you must hope that they religiously (sp?) read all litestep related forums and all new threads.

As I've said so many times before, if you report bugs by just opening a random thread in a random forum your bugreport will only be found by coincidence. At the very least send an email with the URL of the thread to the module author(s).

Granted, in case of systray2 it's a bit difficult; but I'm really really tired of reading all new threads in all these forums each day only so I don't miss any bugreports posted in threads titled "help" or "huh?".