RabidVWM crashes on !recycle if no windows are open Thread last updated on 2003-12-01 13:29:52

Posted by member 3963 on 2003-11-30 15:20:16

I've noticed that if there are absolutely no windows open and not-minimized (doesn't matter what desktop they're on) then on a !recycle RabidVWM will crash. It also happens after a CTRL+ALT+F1->Forcibly Terminate LiteStep and restart litestep.

If thats whats being talked about in the known bug: "RabidVWM will, in rare circumstances, freeze on startup. This happens only with specific programs in set to run on startup and with VWMTransparent. I have not yet found the exact cause of this, but it is a known bug." I am not using VWMTransparent and it doesn't happen on startup, only on restartup...or recycle...lol

anyone else getting this?

Posted by member 66578 on 2003-11-30 15:38:09 link

yea i have been getting it.

Posted by member 99 on 2003-12-01 03:30:47 link

Actually I was mistaken, that doesn't only happen with VWMTransparent. All I know is that it only happens when there are no windows in the window list when RabidVWM loads and some other condition is met.

If litestep freezes and the VWM is completely black, it's probably the same thing. I do have a "fix" for it, but -1.1.1 has other problems I have to fix first... Hm, I guess I'll move this up on my list of priorities.

If it's something else then I don't know about it.

Posted by member 3963 on 2003-12-01 06:00:28 link

yeah... and actually loading rabidvwm threaded seemed to fix it the other day...but it came back so i dunno...any idea what the other condition is? (so i can avoid it ^_^)

and speaking of adding threaded flag...if skinbox is loaded with threaded it starts talking about flying monkeys and such...lol.... if ya want i'll get exact error codes that are distracting skinbox with flying monkeys

Posted by member 99 on 2003-12-01 13:29:52 link

I would be very interested in finding out what that other condition is.

Monkeys, hm? That would be because loading those two threaded breaks the drag&drop stuff, apparently with an error code that I was not aware of. Thanks for pointing that out, I might be able to fix that now. :)