launch module Thread last updated on 2003-12-01 01:53:56

Posted by member 66578 on 2003-11-30 14:01:07

I was wondering if there are any Litestep modules that have similar behaivior to y's dock and the like. If there are none i think it would be cool to have one :p

PS i know you can just make a quicklaunch bar with labels. Im talking about something with drag and drop capabilities.

Posted by member 182 on 2003-11-30 17:41:48 link

why do you need a module for this?
you can use either Yz dock or Mobydock, which both work fine with litestep.

Posted by member 66578 on 2003-11-30 18:13:21 link

i have Yz...it was just an idea.

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-12-01 01:53:56 link

psynapse, why do you need a module for desktop icons? You can just use explorer and disable all the elements except the desktop through extensive registry edits..

Why do you need a module for a clock? There are dozens of skinnable clock apps..

Why do you need a module for a popup menu? There are lots of customizable, skinnable popup menu engine apps..

Why do you need a module like XProp? There are lots of magnifying glass/color picker apps out there..

The answer to those questions and the question of why to have a module that has y's dock / ie quicklaunch drag-and-drop capability: Because it's stuff the *shell* should handle, and by incorporating it into litestep you add the ability to have all these interface elements wrapped up in one running process, all with corresponding skins that can all be changed at once by switching themes, instead of having to change each app's skin separately.