Odd Taskbar3 OnAdd behavior Thread last updated on 2003-11-29 02:13:24

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-29 02:13:24

I've set up an auto-sizing taskbar using Taskbar3-0.306_alpha-3 and having the TaskbarOnAdd/Del's call scripts in which !TaskbarGrow/Shrink is called.

Works great *except* for during the following circumstance:

- I have applications open on a VWM desktop that is currently inactive (ie, using a 3-desktop setup I have apps open on desktop 2 or 3 and desktop 1 is currently active, or if 2 is active and there are apps open on 1 and/or 3, etc)
- I have no applications open on the current VWM desktop
- I have no applications minimized
- I'm using VWMHideTasksOnSwitch

When those 3 requirements are met, the taskbar has no icons showing (as all icons belong to other desktops) so when I recycle the taskbar shouldn't be grown from its default size. However, it seems to be growing itself to the size it should be to accomodate all active icons on all desktops. Here's a weird part: the extra space it generates is just white-space, as (as mentioned) all icons belong to other desktops so there's no icons to draw. If I then go to a desktop with windows open, the taskbar adds those windows to its list and in doing so calls the TaskbarOnAdd commands again, growing the taskbar even more so the white space is still there.

The only time it draws itself properly on a recycle is when there is either at least 1 window visible on the desktop I'm currently working with, or at least 1 window minimized.

If anyone can help fix this they'd earn a hearty thank-you and maybe access to my ftp ;) Cheers :)