Gathering "Skinnable"? Thread last updated on 2003-11-27 10:23:45

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-11-26 10:02:33

Just some theoretical thoughts ;)
Some of you maybe habe already seen the Demo Video of Gathering, if so, you may have a coarse imagination what Gathering can do (Basic Moving,... Features).
Now to the point:
I have designed the complete Moving Scripts to be also standalone and can release them also (if there's any request)!!
What does that mean?
If someone likes the idea and realized form of the Moving Elements and how they're Added/Removed/Repos/Fade and also the 4 Sides and Free Moving Layout... They can make "SKINS" for Gathering!
Skins?? (Well not only skins, but totally independent themes with the same basic features, but everything else is/can be different.)
Well, think of your personally sized and custom made (graphics, size) boxes with totally free content (modules,...), which fit in Gathering or stand alone. [ With: AutoResizing Taskbar Box, up to 5 different boxes (fixed, same size) and 1 startmenubox (fixed, free size) (see Gathering Layout) ]
And of course all the other Moving/Repositioning,... features ;)
You simply must design and write your own box-files and your used module configuration and you're done ;)
Maybe we get a "Gathering Community" with different themes, which provide same basic usage, but totally different graphics, box contents, features, ...
Just a theoretical imagination. ;)

I know, it's at this point a little bit early to ask such a question, since none execpt the Beta testers have Gathering at the moment, but I generally would know if there are anyone out there, who could imagine to make such a "Skin".

If there are interests in doing that or thoughts about that topic (good and evil), post them here.
(Since if I release the basic Skin Theme i have to adapt some things till Gathering release!)

http://www.ls-universe.info/gathering_demo.zip

Andymon

Posted by member 12798 on 2003-11-26 16:28:28 link

this absolutely makes sense, so release it :)

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-11-27 10:23:45 link

well now, it's done.

Now, everybody is able to create Skins for Gathering and add or make them stand alone. Just creating new images and box sizes/count/content. The point&click feature of the movie will be working.

Perhaps there are themer who wants to create new skins and load them up as an addon for others :)

the only thing is, you have to wait until 06.12.2003 :D, but we'll really release it at this Date :)