Isapi.dll error when installing themes Thread last updated on 2003-12-04 17:04:22

Posted by member 16801 on 2003-11-26 01:43:14

When I attempt to install (some) themes I get an error about the Isapi.dll file missing. The theme installs and the modules required download fine but most functionality of the themes are missing. Most of the time I can pull up the popup menu and get some graphical interface but sometimes not.
Thease are all themes that are ots2 compatible and not older themes.
I believe that this is a rainmeter dll file and I checked the modules dir, it's there.

I am (still) running Windows 98 with plenty of hd space and ram. I have also downloaded and installed the most recent version of Litestep and still have the issue.

Does anyone have a fix or workaround????

Posted by member 16801 on 2003-11-26 11:05:13 link

sorry,
This is a file that rainlendar uses that is in the root of the Litestep folder. I tried to copy it to the modules folder but still have the same error.
Some themes that have rainlendar loaded (like the Cooperdesk theme) work though.

anyone??
anyone??

Posted by member 85623 on 2003-12-03 16:05:42 link

well,
whatever it is you've got, i have it too, and on an XP Home machine. :(

in my case it says the /modules/wharfx-0.81/Isapi.dll is somehow bad. dunno what that means though. the Isapi.dll should be and is in the root of the litestep folder.

Posted by member 50784 on 2003-12-04 15:49:50 link

I hear it, and I can't belive it. There are many of you who have this problem. I run Aquazone OTS2 on Win2000 SP4 and WinXP Home on th Litestep Installer 3.02, and I have never encounterd that problem.I have been contacted by a guy who had that problem, but after he installed some other theme, the problem disapeared. He give me no other pressisions ont that but I wonder if the issue comes up with all versions of rainlendar or only with the 0.18.

Posted by member 37 on 2003-12-04 17:04:22 link

Well, I recall at one time rainlendar, rainmeter and a couple of other modules were released with their own version of lsapi. The included versions of the lsapi were modified by the module authors to get thier modules to work correctly. I imagine that that is the source of the problems (different versions of lsapi).
Anyway we need to run the current version of lsapi supplied with the Litestep core so the only recourse may be to upgrade the third party modules to ones that arne't dependent on custom lsapi's. Of course some mods have different syntax between versions so a little playing may be required.