Scrollbar for label? Thread last updated on 2003-11-23 22:15:57

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-22 23:28:54

Anyone know a good way to use lsSlider or shortcut-activated !bangs to manually scroll a label? I'm going to be scrolling it vertically in case someone is bored enough to churn out some example code.. rabid? ;)

Posted by member 182 on 2003-11-23 09:33:23 link

the easiest way i think, would be to create a multiline label and move it around.

you'd need to have it 'hidden' by a shortcut / other label which could cover 3 times the label height.

then you need a 'blank' area in the middle to let the scrolling label through, and use mzScript to set the label text as it scrolls.

the alternative is to tell label.dll to show a huge multiline list, which in turn would need a huge multiline shortcut to hide all the extra lines.

Posted by member 99 on 2003-11-23 10:26:06 link

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-23 13:45:44 link

psy your suggestion inspires another solution: I could use your alternative suggestion and have a huge multiline label, and put it into an lsbox with a transparent background, then just reposition the label's Y value based on the scrollbar position - the only text visible would be the text encompassed by the LsBox, everything outside the boundaries of it would be hidden, saving the need to have a shortcut mask the hidden stuff :)

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-11-23 14:10:29 link

If you don't care for the visual scrolling, you could set the text to have multiple parts instead of lines, e.g. LabelText "one;two;three", and use !Label[Next|Prev] instead.

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-23 16:57:42 link

This won't be a static label.

Someone requested a command-line-based theme, so I'm making a theme that has a desktop as a command-prompt... lsxcommand as the bottom line, with aliases defined for dir/ls, copy/move/mv, del/rm, deltree/rmdir, etc (standard console operations) to call bangs defined by filemaster.dll which I'll have to modify a bit to add the deltree command and some others).
Every line except the lsxcommand line will be part of the label.

When someone types in "dir" as an lsxcommand, I'd like to put a directory listing of the current working dir into the label, and push all the former contents of the label up. If it's a particularly long directory listing, that's where the scrollbars come in (or just for the sake of having a log of your session, even if it's not written to a file)

Quick question: Does anyone know if there's an easy way to dump a directory listing into a label? (It'd be cool if there was something like [dirList=c:\progra~1] or something like that..

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-11-23 17:15:38 link

sounds like it's not worth the time.
it may be better to just use !.exe/bang.exe (with console2 if you want it to look more pleasant than say, cmd.exe).

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-11-23 20:04:23 link

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-23 22:15:57 link

yea i suppose you're right tnl.. i've never been able to get console2 working properly but that could very well be a pebcak situation