lsquickbox nightmare! Thread last updated on 2003-11-23 16:26:00

Posted by member 81301 on 2003-11-22 08:45:41

okay, I'm trying to get something a little bit like an explorer toolbar happening in my LS theme.

I was first referred to LsLnkBox, but then informed that it was really old and probably wouldn't work right, so then I was told to try LsQuickBox.

Well I tried LsQuickBox and it's caused chaos!
I put the netload line in my theme.rc file, and gave it some configuration in it's own .rc file in my config directory and included that file in my theme.rc, all the normal and correct stuff.
However, when I tried to recycle my theme to see if it did what I wanted I was inundated with error messages that all my programs such as trillian and my router and everything couldn't locate lsapi.dll
It said they couldn't find it in C:/Litestep/modules or in any of the normal system dirs it looks in.

So anyway, I went and got it from my C:/Litestep directory and copied it into my modules dir, just to see if it would get it to work, and it did, well it got rid of that error. Only to be replaced by a similar one about libpng13 and then after I put that in the modules directory it wanted zlib too!

So I copied all three of those dlls to my modules directory and now the theme loads, but the QuickBox isn't the right width, everything is horribly sluggish, there's a mysterious nameless task in my taskbar and litestep refuses to recycle or quit.

I thought it might have been a problem with just the latest version of LsQuickBox, so I tried version 1.50 also, but to the same result.

Any ideas what's going on there?

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-11-22 10:15:36 link

Give up lsquickbox !

Posted by member 81301 on 2003-11-22 22:31:52 link

haha, nice advice Smurth. What do you suggest I use instead?

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-11-23 06:10:35 link

Nothing. I just suggest you to find an alternative to the quick launch box; I mean you have to do things by hands (scripts or something else)
Sorry, but all I can say is "don't use lsquickbox" If you can make it work on your computer, you're not sure it will on others...

Posted by member 182 on 2003-11-23 09:31:02 link

sounds like you've made a typo in your config.
i havn't heard of any reports with lsquickbox not working.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-11-23 16:20:05 link

Now you do :)

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-11-23 16:26:00 link

lsquickbox works when you least expect it. and doesn't most of the time. why else does no one use it? i had a cursed experience on all of two or three times i ever tried. needless to say i wouldn't try it again unless it worked.