PopupEntryDropShadow
PopupSelEntryDropShadow

PopupEntryDropShadowColor
PopupSelEntryDropShadowColor

PopupEntryDropShadowOffsetX
PopupSelEntryDropShadowOffsetX

PopupEntryDropShadowOffsetY
PopupSelEntryDropShadowOffsetY

I think that should be pretty self-explanatory, but in case it isn't the basic idea is to separate the offsets and drop-shadowability, and heck even bold/italic status of normal entries and selected entries.

Using this, you could have all the normal entries have a text offset of 1,1 with a drop-shadow offset at 2 pixels below and to the right of the text. For selected entries, you could set it to a text offset of 3,3 with no drop shadow, so in effect it looks as though you're pushing the text down as you mouse-over it. (ooOOooOohh aaAAaaAhhhh)

Vice-versa would also look cool, so it's like you're pulling the entries up as you go over them..

Also it would allow you to use wonky offset SelEntry graphics and have the text fit into them differently than the normal entries fit into the Entry graphics. Maybe even make them italic to wonky it up even more.

I'm sure there are many other uses for these features but that's why I want them ;)

Posted by member 182 on 2003-11-22 01:59:25 link

hm, nice idea!

could be put to use to make it seem regular entries are 'sunken' (dark text, light shadow) and then 'jump out' (dark text, darker shadow) when selected :)

Posted by member 7 on 2003-11-23 06:06:45 link

Most of that was added one and a half years ago:

- Added [popup2 / Sci / 2002-05-20]
- Added text shadows, Popup[Title|Entry|SelEntry|Folder|SelFolder][ShadowDepth|ShadowColor]
- Moved a lot of vars from PopupMaker to PopupMaker::Initialize to save memory

- Added [popup2 / Sci / 2002-05-19]
- Added additional font settings Popup[Entry|SelEntry|Folder|SelFolder|Title][Bold|Italic|Underline]
- Added SelFolder font settings, defaults to SelEntry settings

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-11-23 11:09:32 link

how are the ex-core module docs coming along by the way?

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-23 14:02:33 link

cooool i hadn't even THOUGHT of using a separate font for different popup elements but i guess it's the next logica step in that direction.

Yeah I'd really like some updated docs - new features are useless if no one knows they exist or how to use 'em except the dev's ;)

Well.. Useless to me anyhow.

There were some semi-updated docs on some guy's site but I haven't been able to connect to there in a couple weeks now..

Posted by member 128493 on 2004-03-02 02:11:09 link

All of those are already implemented except the textoffset ones.. I think that would be really great as well :)