serialx winstyle? Thread last updated on 2003-11-15 17:17:47

Posted by member 74896 on 2003-11-14 12:21:11

Is there a winstyle or something of the sort for SerialX? That would rock. Failing that, what is a good box theme that has a full winstyle, cursors, icons, logon, etc? I haven't had a good unified look in a while.

Posted by member 182 on 2003-11-14 21:22:52 link

i always thought laurents beacon msstyle looked nice
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/2470109/

btw - i plan to upload an updated version of serialX for ots2 soon :)

Posted by member 74896 on 2003-11-14 22:20:54 link

Hey, that looks pretty nice! About time I found something to replace ChaNinja! Are you planning anything interesting for the ots2 release? Cause I just spent all day reworking the lsxcommandbox into a tree of labels that adds massive functionality. I mapped my tasks popup to my 4th mouse button so I don't need a taskbar :).

Posted by member 182 on 2003-11-15 11:16:30 link

tree of labels?
sounds neat, you'll have to tell me what you did.

Posted by member 74896 on 2003-11-15 16:05:37 link

Basically it's just a bunch of labels sitting on top of lsxcommand. The default is winamp time/title. Left clicking brings up the lsxcommand box, unfocusing or entering a command goes back to the amp one. Middle clicking goes switches to a label with free disk space. Left clicking opens My Computer, right clicking opens recycle bin, middle clicking brings up the ip address. Left clicking that opens network neighborhood, right clicking opens control panel, middle clicking brings the amp label back. Right clicking the amp label brings up a group of labels that total up to the same size and contain time remaining (click to show winamp) and prev, play/pause, stop, next controls. right clicking any of those goes back to the normal amp label, while middle clicking brings up the cpu/mem/swap load label. Left clicking on that changes the mainbox to hugbottom (I usually have it as stay on top) and right clicking changes it to stayontop. Middle clicking goes back to the amp label. I could make it do a lot more if I could get the OnWheelDown/Up events to work, but they don't seem to do anything :(. I could also get it to do more by using mzscripts but I didn't feel like figuring it out :P. It certainly fits a lot of stuff in that little box, doesn't it?

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-11-15 17:16:18 link

When lsbox'd, Labels lose their ability to wheel up/down

Posted by member 74896 on 2003-11-15 17:17:47 link

Ah, that's too bad. Maybe next version?