Trouble with LSX 1.8.5 Thread last updated on 2003-11-13 16:48:36

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-13 15:39:34

Greets.

Tried sending this to the address included with the LSXCommand documentation and had the postmaster return my letter, so I figured I'd post it here as a few of the developpers of the module frequent this board.. Anyway, without further ado...

Just upgraded from 1.8.4 to x.5 and it all seems to work ok except the command history handling.

I can enter a command, say "!systrayhide" (without the quotes) no problem.
However...
When I start typing it in again, the autocomplete puts in this line (without the quotes):
"!systrayhide "

Not sure the exact amount of spaces it puts after the command but you get the idea..

Now this doesn't actually change the functionality as trailing spaces in commands are typically like leading zeroes in mathematics, so i can type "!sy" and the autocomplete will finish it so I can just hit return and the command will execute without problem.
However...
What this problem *does* do is completely ruin the esthetics.. The autocomplete puts in so many blank spaces that the actual text is pushed out of the visible command entry area, so if you don't do the investigating to find what you just typed, it seems as though the text just disappeared. (Also even if you know what's going on, you still have to hit the Home key to go to the beginning of
the line and see what you've just typed..)
Furthermore if you try to access your command history via the right-click menu, the menu completely fills the screen.

I've gone back to 1.8.4 and the problem has fixed itself.. The command history still has the extra spaces padding the entries, but any new entries I add don't have the spaces appended to them.

So you've been informed of a bug, and enough information to at least give you a vague direction to head in (ie, the spaces are added to the command before the command is written to the history file, not in the parsing of the history file, and you know it's something that was done between x.4 and x.5)

Cheers :)

Posted by member 99 on 2003-11-13 16:30:42 link

http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=3&id=2176

This bug has been around for a while (it's not something that was done between ..4 and ..5.), but 1.8.5 shuffled things around. I used to get this with 1.8.4 and earlier, but haven't seen it with 1.8.5, others get the other way around.

And iirc, it more than ruins aesthetics, the blank spaces multiply, making the history file huge and causing litestep to load more slowly.

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-11-13 16:48:36 link

another thing i find annoying is that when you type in a command with evars, it will evaluate the evar first, then copy the command into the history... this makes using it to do things that require evars to change (like testing) need a lot more typing, since the history will just have the original contents of the evar when i first typed it in