help! - 0.24.6 installer - forNT4 - see thread below Thread last updated on 2003-11-11 21:26:19

Posted by member 81740 on 2003-11-11 11:30:34

please, can somebody give me a link or explain where can I get the 0.24.6 installer that's supposed to work fine with NT4sp6 based systems?

(look the 3.0 installer - NT4 problem thread)

thanks in advance.

Posted by member 35 on 2003-11-11 12:40:16 link

Posted by member 1 on 2003-11-11 13:23:49 link

as far as I know there currently is no issues with LS and NT4 systems. The issue that started this was that the ez2install distro no longer supports NT4 because of some module issues with the default theme. Try out omar's installer and it should work fine.

Posted by member 81740 on 2003-11-11 14:56:13 link

http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=4&id=2167

THERE ARE ISSUES WITH 3.0 and 3.01 installers (both tested under winNT4 (with sp6a, full and/or bare os/drivers install/recovery), from original recovery disk shipped for IBM intellistation M-pro series workstations, on such, fully working workstation. (nt build 1381)

please, see the given thread link - the other guy wrote all details clearly, same as on my machine.

p.s. - WOULD I POST if there weren't issues?
stating that there aren't issues when they are quite well (and bona fide) described/documented is quite close to arrogant.

to anyone that's willing to provide a solution - thank you in advance, but for 'solutions' like this - thanks, but no, thanks!

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-11-11 15:19:17 link

check the other thread, i responded there

Posted by member 1 on 2003-11-11 16:37:02 link

As for what Rabid said...that should only effect people using desktop2. If you switch the default theme over to jdesk it should be fine, at least from my understanding.

machomaus - as for your PS...the answer to your question would be YES. You would be suprised how many "documented" errors are incorrect and have nothing to do with anything but user error. You would also know that members of this community continue to report these false issues until they become the issue. And as for your comment about me...well...if you read what I wrote I specifically said "as far as I know." Now I warn you not to speak negotively about anyone in particular on this site or you will be removed.

Posted by member 81740 on 2003-11-11 21:26:19 link

wasn't talking (writing) negatively - I said that in advance treating a post (with 2 identical problems on two different machines with same os version) as non-relevant is close to arogant - but, please, don't take this as personal assault - I understand completely that on forums like this all sorts of reports may emerge. And that real problems should be stressed.

I know I could keep my voice under control more than I do, but ...

Well, thanks to guys that replied - managed to get it working somehow, messing with dll.