VWM and moving windows between workspaces. Thread last updated on 2003-11-06 01:53:02

Posted by member 12025 on 2003-11-05 22:58:45

If I drag a window down too far, it goes to the workspace below it. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that I can't simply drag it back up and get the same result. Is there any way to disable this in RabidVWM or ckVWM?

Posted by member 1 on 2003-11-06 00:02:11 link

yup...check the docs...

Posted by member 99 on 2003-11-06 01:03:33 link

I'm not completely clear on what exactly the problem is. *what* goes to the workspace below? The window or the VWM? The window kinda has to go to the workspace below. (unless you set the distance between desks to be really huge)

If you don't set VWMSwitchOnAnyFocus, RabidVWM should not switch like that, but it will also stop switching desks with ALT-TAB. (and I don't think it's possible to avoid that)

Posted by member 12025 on 2003-11-06 01:53:02 link

The VWM doesn't move. The window goes to workspace under it, and continues unless I quickly move it back up, but it still doesn't go up to to workspaces above. Very annyoing when I'm just moving something out of the way to get a quick view of a number or some other thing in a window under it. The window seems to need to be at least half its height or width into the lower or right/left workspace for it to move.

I've checked the docs, but to be truthful, I can't place a term to this, and nothing catches my eye as relating (that I haven't tried setting, anyway) which may be why I haven't found the answer.

VWMSwitchOnAnyFocus is not set. Tried setting it to false just now, and no change.

Edit: setting the desk spacing to 1000 fixed it.