Litestep builds and (updated?) core modules Thread last updated on 2003-11-06 07:13:47

Posted by member 45783 on 2003-11-05 06:41:02

I don't know if I'm being blind or stupid, but there seems to be a tremendous lack on information concerning where to get the set of core modules and LS 24.7 build expect from omar's installer. I'd still like to just download it, and use what I need, especially when there is so many versions and third party modifications of core modules out, old and new. I also think that it's getting harder and harder to know which modules are good and becoming standards, and which, in turn, should be avoided because their developement has been discontinued.

Basically, what I'm suggesting is a sticky thread or a little page with a simple "PURPOSE:MODULE" -formatted listing, which would ease theming for us who are not so knowledgeable of current events and those new to the hobby.

Of course, links to the most recent raw LS build and present versions of core modules or information on where to get them would be nice.

Thank you in advance.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-11-05 08:21:56 link

Uhmm...current builds can be found here and there on the net...For official stuff visit Phil from Leaf R&D's site. As for modules...well...there is a download section here and there are sites in the Links section. As for putting LS on a silver platter for you so you don't have to do any work...not gonna happen.

Posted by member 35 on 2003-11-05 11:25:22 link

the modules are on loose-screws.com and on modules.shellfront.org

if a module is used, it's because it's the standard module, ie: there's no need to look what version of sytray2 works with lsbox, or has support for win2000/xp icons, as this changes are always merged in the regular systray2.

Posted by member 73957 on 2003-11-05 15:26:21 link

Thanks for the info sryo......

Posted by member 45783 on 2003-11-06 04:25:03 link

DeViLb0i: Thank you for the offical build locations, but I assure you that this isn't about avoiding work or whining. If a regular doesn't know what in the world is going on, what about those new to the scene.

There's SIX popup2 -modules and variants in sellfront's list and another one in Phils site. I honestly think that one is allowed to feel a bit confused after trying to figure out which to use (especially as popup2 has had bugs, unlike some other core modules which are virtually bug-free). According to sryo, am I to understand that the "core module released" ie. 2.1.2 is the newest one or the one on Phils site?

*sigh*

I am still not convinced that this is clear enough. When I have time to do some major research, I'll figure this out throughly and post the results here. Possibly set up a small webpage to be updated from time to time.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-11-06 07:13:47 link

So far whenever a new .7 build was released there were news items on the major news sites like blizzle.com or ShellFront.org. You don't need to check Phil's site daily for new builds, since no new builds will be put on there without public notice. :)