Themer in need of direction Thread last updated on 2003-11-01 15:21:26

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-01 01:26:43

Ello gents.

I've just enslickened my "slick" theme even further and I've come to a point where I can't think of any further way of making "Slick" any slicker. Here's a link to the latest release of slick, v1.5
http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=2&action=details&id=351

Since that release, the following changes have been made.

- Added: Quicklaunch. Located on the left of the bar. Functions just like Tray/Desks windows. (Show on mouse-over, hide on mouse-out, pin by clicking the button)
- Added: Desktop icon support. To enable, see the file "themevars.rc" in the config directory.
- Added: PixelCam, accessable from the desktop shift-click menu and the bar's litestep icon menu, or Win-L (hotkey set in themevars.rc). PixelCam is a draggable box, not a docked bar element.
- Changed: Tray window auto-sizes to number of icons.
- Changed: Clickable area for tasks-icon scroll buttons increased slightly (not as much precision needed when clicking).

So, what's next guys?

I've thought of implementing a winamp control window but there are already keyboard hotkeys for that and with the winamp window only a click away anyway, winamp controls seem superfluous. I'm looking for something that will increase the functionality or the esthetics without comprimising any other screen space.

Posted by member 77265 on 2003-11-01 15:18:55 link

If you need some ideas for junk try darkzone. Lots of great stuff there. I finally got it running stable yesterday and it's nice...

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-11-01 15:21:26 link

Yea I had a look at that the other day when it popped up on the random theme display thing on the theme page.. The only thing I really liked is the pixelcam, which I've implemented.