Whats going on? Thread last updated on 2003-10-28 10:09:42

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-10-16 11:30:42

Well, we're finished with our work to 99%. the only missing thing are a few (!!!!!!) images.

@Milk: If you don't care you could send us the psd files, so we could go on working.

@AStarvingArtist: do you still work on the popups? If not, please tell us, else what do you think how long does it take to finish them?

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-10-16 11:53:50 link

i'd decrease that number a little... let's say to ~89% :)
the cp needs much work.

btw, goths, is the coding practically done? will there be any drastic changes in the future?

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-10-16 12:41:00 link

yeah ;) but nothing really hard, we've changed some images for a further version, and there are now 2 "Snapshots" which keeps the set settings and loads withou lsbox. the fist snapshot is normal systray size, and the second with double sized systray.

The only thing that is missing are exactly 4 images (and the popup images). thats all we need for now.

oh, an important notice to you Egonz, to change theme settings with the tool, please use the bangs from the ThemePopup, not in the mainconfig, this is very important :)

but I'll write a help you that you know what I mean :)

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-10-16 22:12:08 link

Lol this was for 50,000 members and now we have 60000. :-)

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-10-18 11:07:53 link

well, the more the better :)
we could wait for a while til it's 100k too ;)

Posted by member 3116 on 2003-10-21 18:47:43 link

it bettwr be a damned good theme by then... *L*

Posted by member 602 on 2003-10-22 16:09:54 link

Sorry guys! I sent the .psd's to ASA, but haven't recieved a reply. I will send him a new mail. Also I'm working on the Lite version, a work that have made me realize some shortcomings in the images. So I will improve what is needed to be improved.
Again, I'm really sorry for the delay, things have been a real mess around here lately. And even though litestep is fun and all, the real world comes first.

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-10-22 17:35:01 link

It' s ok, but please send me also the files, cause I haven't heard anything from ASA if he's still alive or something, so we can go on working und finish it :)

Posted by member 71746 on 2003-10-25 13:49:32 link

Hey I don't know what the Gathering theme has so far, but I'm about to release a theme with (what I feel to be) some innovative uses of ckHotspots to emulate mouse-over effects for certain aspects of the theme, and I think it'd be cool to see that implemented in other themes (especially a landmark theme like this one).

Basically I've placed the hotpots directly over shortcuts created by my LSBox bar, so if you move the mouse over the button to activate the VWM window, not only does it change the icon but it pops up the VWM window without the user having to click. It also activates another hotspot over-top of the VWM window, so when the mouse does something in the VWM window then leaves, the window hides itself and deactivates its associated hotspot.

The effect created is that to switch VWM's or access the system tray or whatever, you just move the mouse over the button, then do whatever it is you wanted to do with the module, then when you go back to working on your program the module window hides itself. This way the interface controls can be neatly tucked-away, offering a maximum of useable screen-space and esthetics, while still providing intuitive, easy-access to the control elements you need :) Of course the shortcut buttons with the hotspots to show the module windows function as pin-buttons when actually clicked. (that is to say, if you just mouse-over, the window will show then auto-hide when you're done with it. If you actually CLICK the button, the module window will stay visible until you click the button again, at which time it will go back to auto-hide mode.)

Posted by member 602 on 2003-10-27 14:22:29 link

I have mailed a link to the images to you Ls-universe, hope you got it. I can't post that link here, my host (the university) would probably not like that.

Regrettably I must leave this project to you guys working on it, and anyone else who feels like picking it up. I'm sorry for not being able to complete what I've promised to do, but for personal reasons I must leave the Litestep scene (and many other scenes) for a period of time.

I hope that someone want to pick up my work where I left it, and I will always have time to answer questions about my work so far.

Good luck everyone. I'll be back, maybe sooner but probably much later...

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-10-27 14:53:51 link

I'm sorry that you leave us, but it's ok and I hope you come back soon :)

It's no problem, we'll finish it :), and if it's done, you'll get the first copy :D

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-10-28 10:09:42 link

@inhaler: i don't think ur idea will be implemented in this theme. having said that, i actually really like it :) thing is, that the gathering is quite ready and not much to add to it anymore. however, goths, if u make up a way to use this, it could be pretty nice ;)

oh, and milk, sad to hear u leaving the scene for a while. hope u'll be back soon.