programs will switch desktops using ckvwm Thread last updated on 2003-11-09 16:28:47

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-10-15 14:12:21

Every so often (only while using ckVWM), when I go to switch desktops, all programs will move over 1 desktop. for instance, if I have my e-mail up on desktop 1, opera on desktop 2, and kazaa on desktop 3, when I go to switch from 2 to 3(or 1-2, or 3-4, whatever, it doesn't matter and it's completely random), then e-mail goes to 2, opera to 3, and kazaa to 4. no, this is not the issue with the windows xp theme service. this only happens at random times (I've switched desktops dozens of times today, and it's only happened twice). has anyone seen or heard of this problem before?

Posted by member 18600 on 2003-11-09 16:28:47 link

I was going to post about this when I searched and found your post. Yes I have the same problem, even on the latest release, though it does fix some other problems. I've found that if I put my mouse over somethnig on AIM that brings up a large tooltip text or something of the sort, that's the time this will happen. What I was also going to say is that this could be quite useful if harnessed properly. It would be nice to be able to move the intire contents of your computer one desktop over. Also it would be nice to be able to move one screen's contents to a different screen.