No themes work. Thread last updated on 2003-10-13 23:14:44

Posted by member 70519 on 2003-10-13 21:12:10

I'm new to LiteStep, but have done my fair share of messing around with theme files already. I've gotten one OTS2 theme to work after editing the theme.rc, albeit not without some errors. However, I imagine a lot of us (being LiteStep users) want to use older themes since there aren't a lot of OTS2 themes available...

So, I read that the newest build (the one I installed) supported OTS1, as well as OTS2. This does not seem to be the case. I have tried using a number of older themes using both the installer and unzipping and changing manually. I would like to use the latest build which claims backwards compatibility.

The guide for using old themes that is frequently linked in replies (http://o-t-s.sourceforge.net/theme_installation.html#usingoldthemes) does not work. It even seems a little infantile -- it basically tells you to do the same exact thing as installing an OTS2 theme. What good is that if the support for OTS1 isn't there?

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to update something? Download more modules? I want to get OTS1 themes to work with the latest build -- without the pain of updating them to OT 2 standard. Is this possible or not? The newest news on the LiteStep mainpage (as well as a dozen other places) certainly seem to say it is and I'd like some clarification.

Anyhow, any help would be muchly appreciated.
- Macil

Posted by member 1 on 2003-10-13 22:30:05 link

I ran the installer today to help a user out on irc. I then packaged up an OTS1 theme and was able to install it without issue. I sent the theme along to him and he also did not have issues. Im thinking that it is going to be a per theme issue. Hop on irc and give us some errors and we might be able to get you going.

Posted by member 70519 on 2003-10-13 23:14:44 link

Thanks for the reply.

After a whole lot of fiddling, I've decided to just wait for some OTS2 themes to come out (or for OTS1 themes to be updated.) Since OTS1 is going out of style anyway, I don't need to waste my time (or anyone else's) trying to fix something that's not going to be supported in the future anyhow. @.@

I'll keep IRC in mind if I change my mind, though. Thanks again.