Litestep Theme Installer Problem Thread last updated on 2003-10-11 10:57:39

Posted by member 69128 on 2003-10-11 10:15:32

Well guys, I have no idea why this does this. Most of the new OTS2 themes that are on this site will not install using the Litestep Theme Installer. The error file says : LiteStepDir found: [C:\LiteStep]
PersonalDir found: [C:\LiteStep\profiles\Administrator\personal]
ThemesDir found: [C:\LiteStep\profiles\Administrator\themes]

LSThemeInstaller running from: [C:\LiteStep\utilities\LSThemeInstaller.exe]
parameter to LSThemeInstaller: []

INSTALL: will attempt to install theme from archive: [C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Tropico_OTS2_327-293.zip]

decompression of theme archive succeeded, continuing

root directory of theme found: [Tropico]
theme.rc found: [Tropico\theme.rc]

in personal.rc, OTSCfgMajorVersion = 2
in personal.rc, OTSCfgMinorVersion = 0
--> OTSCfgVersion = 2.0

in theme.rc, OTSMinorVersion = 0
ERROR: complete OTS version info. not found in theme.rc, exiting

theme was not installed

Can anyone help?

Posted by member 69128 on 2003-10-11 10:17:18 link

Almost all the themes i've tried to install have come up with the same error. Is this an error in the themes or in my system?

Posted by member 68575 on 2003-10-11 10:19:14 link

the theme has to be *verified* OTS2.

I had this same problem.

OTS2, from what I gather, is a completely brand new standard.. so of course... there's bugs.

go to the theme download area, click browse, and sort by OTS2 themes. A highly recommended theme that only has one misconfiguration is Plastik II.

You have to open it up and change the LSmail settings, as far as everything else... it's the only theme that has seamlessly intergrated with my box.

Posted by member 424 on 2003-10-11 10:57:39 link

well I'm sure you probably got this problem from trying to install one of the newly converted themes by teschio. If this is the case, then you would have to manually decompress this archive yourself into your $LiteStepDir$themes folder, open up the theme.rc and replace this line:
OTSMayorVersion 2

to:
OTSMajorVersion 2

It's just a simple typo, and so far only his themes seemed to be having this problem.