Saphardana Theme Troubles. Thread last updated on 2003-10-13 12:17:21

Posted by member 69337 on 2003-10-10 03:40:18

I really like this theme.A lot!!!
but i have this problem whenever an application like a game
needs to fullcreen and take over. The screen freezes and the ticker of winamp (which i haven't installed) wants to be
on top and "fights" with the application. my mouse does not respond and i have to Alt+F4 to quit the application. Anyone can help me with that? Thanks.

Posted by member 37 on 2003-10-10 22:09:03 link

Hmmm, well a quick fix could be this:
look for this line in the theme.rc:
Labels Label1,Labelwin
Change it to:
Labels Label1
That will get rid of the winamp ticker.
I will have to ponder a more permanent fix for that. If you want to drop me an email (philvarcoe@hotmaildotcom) I could send you a revised theme.rc with no winamp stuff.

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-10-10 23:01:42 link

well, I'm pretty sure there's a bang that will hide all modules (something like !hideallmodules, I think), but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is. this would do it, and you would want to turn it on/off with hotkeys.

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-10-10 23:43:30 link

if you are running .24.7 b3 or 4 (possibly other .24.7 builds, im not sure) put LSAutoHideModules in your step.rc, or assign !ToggleModules to a hotkey and use it before running the fullscreen app... there is a problem with this bang and lsxcommand, but it should work for your purposes

Posted by member 69337 on 2003-10-12 17:49:56 link

well it works fine when i hide the modules with middle click.
I thought i should mention this though because it's a problem.
I take the liberty to make two suggestions
I saw that when i plugged my USB drive in a dialog didn't appear as it happens in regular windows to ask me what to do with this new thing that it found. I understand that this is a different shell i just thought it would be a cool thing to add.By the way could this ticker be windows media? or an option to change that between the two apps? I liked that MP9 when minimized came as a control panel on the taskbar which of course doesn't happen anymore and a plan to have a media control center right out there is a good idea.
(only if the ticker thing wouldn't cause any problems that would be perfect)

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-10-13 12:17:21 link

i'm familiar with the usb drive prob, tho sometimes the dialog appears as it should (haven't been able to trace down the cause yet). so if anyone knows what's this about, speak up ;)