A small question please Thread last updated on 2003-10-07 21:38:58

Posted by member 68891 on 2003-10-07 20:50:16

I currently have the BETA build of LiteStep 0.24.7. It went to simplicity but I wanted to try a new THEME called Nixblue which I got from customize.org..I went to the theme changer..and loaded the theme archive But i get a bunch of errors. Can some one please help me?

Posted by member 35 on 2003-10-07 21:33:12 link

the theme is not new, it's pre-ots, it wont work with the installer.

Posted by member 3116 on 2003-10-07 21:38:58 link

Welp, that is one of the theme's that I've played around with off and on, and never quite finished converting to OTS. the theme is from back in the days before OTS and doesn't follow the same directory structure as the OTS. It assumes it is the ONLY theme you are using, and unzips that way. It would take heavy modification to make it work on a new version of litestep, or if you can find an old distro somewhere you could use that, but it's unreccommended (IMO). My suggestion would be (if your still interested in using it, that is) try updating it to OTS2, there are plenty of resourses here on ls.net to help you along, or try #litestep on irc.freenode.net, someone's always willing to help you out, or at least tell you where to find your answer.