what is litestep? Thread last updated on 2004-07-07 06:00:41

Posted by member 65902 on 2003-09-26 23:53:47

give me the pros and cons please.will it work for the computer novice?

Posted by member 1 on 2003-09-27 08:44:51 link

There was a thread on this somewhere...just can't find it now. First off you really want to read this page HERE. That will tell you what LiteStep is and some pros and cons.

You should also read the "LiteStep may not be for you thread" in this section.

Also...if you are an advanced windows user and are afraid of causing problems for novice users you can download LiteStep. There are applications that will switch between explorer and LS if they don't like it, and the user level only applies to installation and maintaining not actual desktop usage.

Then you get the big-ole-warning from me.

WARNING: LiteStep is not for the novice computer user. LiteStep is one of the most powerful applications you will ever use for Windows. If you are afraid of opening a text file DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS. Be prepared to put in hours of work on the smallest of details. Be prepared to get a divorce or disowned by your family for not spending time away from your computer. LiteStep is just as addicting as the best game you will ever play.

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-09-27 10:48:14 link

hehe, one couldn't have put it better :)

Posted by member 24 on 2003-10-03 17:04:54 link

I have, at times, actually forgotten how to use various aspects of explorer...THANK YOU LITESTEP! =)

Posted by member 99652 on 2004-01-16 14:56:00 link

I know what you mean, I had to switch to explorer to do some updates and sofware install and i hated it. I wanted to use Litestep controls but they weren't there. I think it slowed me down. I'm glad Litestep is here, what would we do without it.