fuzzy fonts. Thread last updated on 2003-09-26 23:45:11

Posted by member 60067 on 2003-09-26 18:19:46

running 1024 resolution (supported by the NONSTEP theme)
the fonts are all fuzzy and stuff when i right click on the desktop (to open a menu)...it's almost like they're too small.
i've fooled around with the appearence settings (changing the font size and all)...but nothing seems to make them clear.
also, when i go to install the fonts from the nonstep folder (like it says in installation instructions), it doesn't let me install the nonstep_.pfb file. it says "C:\...\nonstep_.pfb" is either invalid or damaged. can i do anything to change this?
i'd appreciate some help. getting tired of squinting my eyes to see what they say.
thanks,
tifish.

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-09-26 19:45:58 link

Try renaming the file to "nonstep.fon" and installing that. It once worked for me for a bitmap font with ".fnt" as its filename extension.

Posted by member 60067 on 2003-09-26 23:38:45 link

thanks for the suggestion...tried it, but still nothing
:(

however, what i notice is this.
when i first turn on the computer, the fonts are clear as can be....if i open winamp...and surf the net a little, the fonts get all fuzzy and blurry. when i recycle litestep with winamp running, the fonts STAY fuzzy...when i recycle litestep WITHOUT winamp running, the fonts get clear again.
crazy.
any help would be great.
thanks,
tifish.

Posted by member 2018 on 2003-09-26 23:45:11 link

trying using lsfont to load it i believe it capable of loading those.