MV & Nevermind error problem Thread last updated on 2003-10-03 03:38:07

Posted by member 49131 on 2003-09-24 10:18:30

First off you have to bear with me cause I'm a talisman user for some time now, so excuse me if this is a stupid or easy question. The theme's are called Nevermind & Mv, and each time I load them it says Variable "Litestep Dir" not found in ste.rc, I get what it means (duh lol!) but how do I go around fixing it? thx in advance! oh win xp 700mhz/576rm ots build if that helps.

Posted by member 2018 on 2003-09-24 12:28:48 link

chances are it a miss spelled evar it should be $LitestepDir$.
this evar is defined automaticlly by litestep and is the directory that LS is installed.
that means a theme should never have to define it

this is wrong
LitestepDir "C:\path\to\ls"

if you have this line or something similar remove it.
again check the spelling first you may have to hunt the line down in all the config files.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-09-24 19:33:37 link

you will also want to look through your theme configuration to find any reference to $LiteStep Dir$. For example...
*Popup LiteStep $LiteStep Dir$

will give you the same error. Good Luck.

Posted by member 1365 on 2003-10-02 18:43:08 link

um i made the themes and well hmmm it has something to do with lslm trying to find the "LitestepDir" and is looking for it in the litestep directories step.rc which does not have it by default but the themedir step.rc does. ook that made alot of sense so um you fix it by simply reading the freakin readme thats included in the screenshot and zip. but for the remaining lazy people ill say this put this line in your litestep directories step.rc --=
LiteStepDir "X:\litestep" --=
X = whatever your harddrive that has litestep on it "example C:\" D:\ E:\ you get the idea.

Posted by member 1365 on 2003-10-02 18:45:00 link

thats all you have to do... dont listen to these people who have never tried the theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by member 1 on 2003-10-02 19:29:19 link

odd...you whine about people not reading your docs when you obviously haven't read the LS docs. $LiteStepDir$ is defined for you by LS on startup.

Posted by member 1365 on 2003-10-03 01:18:00 link

It's defined in the modules.ini which looks for the litestepdir in the step.rc that is in the binary folder. it only happened with the lslm module the new versions i have with the rainmeter dont have to have litestepdir... you can get these themes at other cooler sites that let you edit your stuff cause no ones perfect and i wasnt whining about people not reading my docs and dont say i havent read the litestep docs because i doubt youve been looking through my eyes this of something that is totally different of a matter.. if you wanna see for yourself get the theme otherwise stop trying to demean me.

Posted by member 49131 on 2003-10-03 03:38:07 link

uh ok got it work on it, and it seems to be working so down boy, didn't mean get you guys in temper trandem, thx for trying to help, I think.