24.7 - issues with dialup icons Thread last updated on 2006-08-22 16:01:18

Posted by member 182 on 2003-09-12 01:27:21

It's sporadic at least, but when i double click the dialup network icon in my litestep systray, and click Disconnect in the status window which appears, sometimes the system will freeze for ~20 seconds, and litestep will close (without an error message) with the DUN window.

The net still disconnects fine, and is no inconvenience since i usually only disconnect when i plan to reset / turn off my system, but this is rather odd to say the least :)

Just curious; am i the only one experiencing this.. ?

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-09-12 06:27:05 link

you're not alone :D

This is the kind of problem I have, except the system freezes for up to 10 seconds here (usually the longer I was online the longer it freezes). At least about 3.5 hours online it will tend to freeze just long enough while disconnecting through the status window (I think 5 seconds) to make litestep crash. I log my online time so I never use the systray context menu for Disconnect. Last time it happened, there was an exception in ntdll.dll. Like other times, I usually only get one of these, before I click through the boxes and litestep dies--but this time I decided to try to make a screenshot, and consequently got two more of the same exception (in ntdll) between pressings of printscreen and pasting in irfanview.

Oddly enough, I updated my modem driver a few weeks ago and the number of times that this happens has decreased enough for me to notice, but it still happens.