consoleUNIT OIRC and Evars. Thread last updated on 2003-09-13 02:44:40

Posted by member 62020 on 2003-09-10 14:51:07

Im obviously running consoleunit as a theme. Been having some problems.

First off, Oirc sucks. I havent been able to connect to different servers (efnet or dalnet) and as far as i can see it will only let me join one channel at a time, there doesnt seem to be seperate channel windows, only the main which doubles as the chat area when you join a chan. I would ask the people on oirc about it, but the server it connects me to has like no one on it. Any help with this will be appreciated.

Next, there are shortcuts to certain thing in the evars section of the desktop display, things like winamp, windows media, text doc, etc. The first few things work, they bring up the programs, but it wont bring up windows media player, or winamp, or mirc client, or some other things, even tho i *know* i have the paths right.

I also cant get winamp loaded through the shortcut in the "AMP" section of the desktop display, and i cant use the winamp controls in that desktop display.

Other than a few problems this is a great theme, the best i have found.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-09-10 15:58:29 link

Umm... you must be doing something wrong... I don't use 0irc on a regular basis, but when I use it I can join several channels without a problem. They're all displayed in the same window though, which may be confusing at first.
Haven't had any server issue either. Do the servers work in other IRC clients? Btw, irc.freenode.net has always worked for me ;)

Posted by member 62020 on 2003-09-10 16:01:02 link

Yeah the servers work in other clients, im talking about servers like dalnet and efnet. Is there any way to get a channel list for irc.freenode.net, 0irc doesnt have a command for it.

Posted by member 62020 on 2003-09-10 21:35:35 link

Also, and this is really annoying, when i recycle or load consoleunit sometimes (well, most of the times) a microsoft window comes up titled '0irc' and it says 'Error registering class'. When this comes up it wont load 0irc. How do i keep it from getting that error?

Posted by member 1413 on 2003-09-12 21:59:28 link

What are the perks of 0irc besides shell integration? I know this is kinda off topic, but I figured since you guys were talking about it I'd ask. Compared to running a typical IRC client like mIRC or Xchat does the 0irc module provide any benifits?

I also have a feeling this is gonna get relocated to the modules section. ;)

Posted by member 7 on 2003-09-13 02:44:40 link

Never really used 0irc as a module because of its obvious limitation of disconnecting you on !recycle... however the .EXE version works fine. It's just a very minimal IRC client suited for old systems such as my P90. =)

You don't need a channel listing for freenode by the way. Knowing that #litestep and #lsdev are on it should be enough. ;)