A few questions and concerns. Thread last updated on 2003-09-14 12:16:36

Posted by member 62020 on 2003-09-10 00:20:32

Im new at this, but im learning, please bear with me.

So yeah, just installed litestep about an hour ago, downloaded a few themes and picked on i like (the filename is NS_TSA i believe), it is simple yet versitile, and i quite like it.

I have a few concerns and a few questions.

First off, im running off a winxp box, and i share it with my little brother. He has taken an interest in it and wants to use it also. The problem is, when i load it onto his user acount, it seems to be just a shell to mine, with my folders and shortcuts and such. Ive tried copying and installing the directory in a different hard disk drive and running it off of there for him (sloppy, i know, but like i said, im new), with no luck.

How can i get another instance of litestep to run solely on his account, so he can load his own seperate themes and have his own folders and such on it?

That is what im mainly concerned about as of now, but also, how do i change the folders and shortcuts on these themes? It seems on every one i try outlook wont load, and there are a few shortcuts built right into the theme that i dont want, and want to change. Will this require editing of the program/theme, or is there some simple way to change them?

thanks much

Posted by member 700 on 2003-09-14 01:23:01 link

I think it is possible to set the Shell for each user that logs into your computer. You may have to do some more research on that, cause I don't have anything to back it up... But I swear I read it somewhere. Look into it and see if you can find anything about defigning a users shell... Hmm, maybe I saw something when I was browsing through the registry once... I don't know... I didn't help at all.. but I hope I gave you an idea of what to look for.

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-09-14 01:53:45 link

this is why we should start using ots2 :) i suggest u to read the ots2 docs and find some ideas.

btw, is omar's installer with ots2 already out?

Posted by member 31 on 2003-09-14 12:16:36 link

You can try a shell swapper/manager.

Download ShellOn from http://www.dx13.co.uk/shellon/

There are others as well if that doesn't suit your needs.

Then you can configure the shell per user.

You may want to first install Litestep twice (into two different locations). Then install ShellOn, and point at one installation of LS for you, and the other for your bro.

Good luck.