recycle problem Thread last updated on 2003-09-04 16:10:49

Posted by member 60613 on 2003-09-03 15:15:48

Hi im new to this site as of today and have installed litestep with Omars installer v.2.6 (on Win2000) that is on this site.
(I have had litestep before, some time ago)

after I installed LS I d/l the nanostep theme and took the wallpaper from SciWave.

now to my problem, when I do recycle from the popupmenu it works a coupple of times but then after some times it just closes down LS
It looks like its going to restart it but the systray/commandprompt/etc just flashes and dissapears again, and rightclick dont work not CTRL+ALT+F1 either

If I press CTRL+ALT+DEL and look under processes ther is no litestep, so the only thing left to do is run LSTS through the Task Manager and select the theme again and it starts up.

then it is like this everytome I run recycle from the popupmenu, but if I do it in the commandbar it works.
Nothing else shuts down except LS.

Can anyone figure out what this might depend on??

Posted by member 2018 on 2003-09-03 18:05:33 link

this might be a ls version problem you are using 0.24.7 beta3. it might work better on a indie 0.24.6 build but i have never used nanostep.

it could also be a problem in theme design/modules configs.
try commenting out loadmodule lines one at a time(remeber to save before recycling) in the themes step.rc
until it recycles without crashing. then you found the problem module. look at its config and make changes.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-09-04 16:10:49 link

The problem *might* be fixed in the next beta. Shouldn't be long until it's released.